Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,455 Posts
The catch can whistle is the whole issue at hand. A can should not whistle. The damond can I installed the same way does not whistle.

JBR offered to install it after having acted unprofessional on another post in the JBR section by deleting my entire comment and changing it to positive. That's the kind of company this is. Un-professional.

The product was returned and should have been refunded, not sent back to me. That was a waste of time and $10 shipping. After further argueing about it, the solution is for me to drive over an hour away to waste even more time and gas on this product.

Jbr can whistled, unhooked hoses but left can mounted, whistle went away. Hook hoses up again and it whistles. Remove can, humor jbr by adding teflon tape just to be sure and wouldnt ya know, it still whistles. Hooked up 3 times with same result. I installed the Damond can today in the same fashion with same oem connectors and the can doesnt make any sound what so ever. Quite clearly, there is an issue with the JBR can.

After having ordered the can, been told its a 6 week wait and then it wound up being 2 months exactly until it shipped, getting an rma and returning it having requested a refund just to have the junk sent back to me, posting online about it and jbr deleting and changing comments to make themselves look better, and then trying to make themselves look good by telling me to drive to their shop, i have zero interest in ever having another JBR product on my vehicle. I wanted to support a fairly local company but my money will go elsewhere from now on.
Nobody has ever had a whistling catch can on these forums. We also have no proof at all of it whistling. It's just your word. Literally just you. The only person on here to ever have an OCC whistle.

JBR pressure tested the OCC, and gave you more insight on installation. They can't take a refund on a product that has been tested to work, and has been installed with tool marks. This isn't Amazon, it's American small business.

They then offer to install and troubleshoot it first hand. Which you have had almost a month to schedule, and never ever attempted to take them up on.

You're concerned about taking time off work and driving to their shop for free professional installation and troubleshooting to eliminate all hearsay, but decide to drop another 185 dollars in OCC instead.

Yes JBR edited a comment, but that comment should not have been there to begin with. It was a product announcement thread in their personal section, you had already started this thread here. It wasn't a "jbr feedback" thread. I handled that situation, recorded it, and scolded JBR about it. In all the years they have been involved here, that's the first time this has happened. I personally comb through vendor sections to make sure it doesn't happen. There have been a few vendors in the past who have done much much worse.

I don't find fault with JBR, and with your life being too busy, or demanding, or whatever the case to ever get a second person to witness this whistle, or take it to JBR's shop to have this baby put to bed, nobody will ever know what really happened.

So it's just a person venting on the internet. That's all we have to go by. A new member, with no history here, who just came to post about an OCC, and we never got any actual closure on the situation. So this helps nobody. We didn't find out if the OCC is defective, improper install was never ruled out, no video, no audio, nobody else could chime in. This was just a waste of everyone's time.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Wrong Post

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
...After having ordered the can, been told its a 6 week wait and then it wound up being 2 months exactly until it shipped, getting an rma and returning it having requested a refund just to have the junk sent back to me, posting online about it and jbr deleting and changing comments to make themselves look better, and then trying to make themselves look good by telling me to drive to their shop, i have zero interest in ever having another JBR product on my vehicle. I wanted to support a fairly local company but my money will go elsewhere from now on.
When there is conflict, rarely is only one side fully at fault. If you’re able to remove yourself from the situation and look at this situation objectively, you’ll see opportunities to learn from this situation - it seems JBR did that and took action accordingly.

Was JBR's incentive to look good on a public forum? Possibly, but if it was all about getting an OCC to work properly then what does his motives matter? It seems like your position evolved from “help me with my OCC problem” to “I’m going to stick it to JBR”.

Though I’m empathetic to your points about losing money and using your time effectively, it’s important to realize the door also swings the other way on those two matters. JBR was willing to invest time and money on your problem as well.

For a 1/4-1/2 tank of gas and a few hours, you would likely have saved the $175 cost of a new catch can along with the install time.

I’m the last person to stand on a soap box and claim perfection on interpersonal conflict - that’s why I’m taking the time to inject myself into this situation. You have a great opportunity to use this as a learning experience on how to handle conflict a little more rationally and professionally moving forward. Here’s hoping you’re willing to do so.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It's really hard to try and see your side of things when an offer was extended to have them install the catch can at their shop and look over it to see what was causing the whistle. Yes it could have cost a couple of hours of work and a couple of gallons of gas, but it would have saved you money versus purchasing another catch can.

·
Registered
963 Posts
When there is conflict, rarely is only one side fully at fault. If you’re able to remove yourself from the situation and look at this situation objectively, you’ll see opportunities to learn from this situation - it seems JBR did that and took action accordingly.

Was JBR's incentive to look good on a public forum? Possibly, but if it was all about getting an OCC to work properly then what does his motives matter? It seems like your position evolved from “help me with my OCC problem” to “I’m going to stick it to JBR”.

Though I’m empathetic to your points about losing money and using your time effectively, it’s important to realize the door also swings the other way on those two matters. JBR was willing to invest time and money on your problem as well.

For a 1/4-1/2 tank of gas and a few hours, you would likely have saved the $175 cost of a new catch can along with the install time.

I’m the last person to stand on a soap box and claim perfection on interpersonal conflict - that’s why I’m taking the time to inject myself into this situation. You have a great opportunity to use this as a learning experience on how to handle conflict a little more rationally and professionally moving forward. Here’s hoping you’re willing to do so.
Very well said bud, same with @Duece McCracken comment. I just dont get all the waste of money, dont have time to go to JBRs shop for free install, possibly make a friendship with a product development company owner for our cars, which who knows where that could lead, and the utmost important part youd get your problem solved theyd figure it out, whistle or not, youd either walked out with a new can that doesnt whistle, your can not whistling, or if at that time it was proven to whistle and Jamie saw it and heard it, he probably would have refunded you if you still wanted too. I just dont understand you said all that, but then as @Duece McCracken pointed out you went on to spend another 180 bucks, had plenty of time to install that can, and not only things, you blatantly wasted your own money by throwing the JBR can away or even if you give it away, when you would have either got a refund or exchange had you just drove to JBRs shop. I dont want hear all this, I'm expected to drive here wah wah, I am willing to bet during yours days off in between work days that you drive plenty of places at times that are an hour or more from where you live, I know I do and as well as 90% of the people in the world. It just sounds like you wanted to make every excuse as to why you couldnt go to JBRs shop. Which I dont understand and cant for the life figure out why if a car part designer shop owner said I could come and hangout and theyd personally install their part on my car, plus absolutely knowing that if I went no matter what, the issue would be resolved there, that day, no matter the results, can whistling, not whistling, refunded, returned, exchanged whatever it would have been done. It does sound like you lost a lot, but the majority of losses seem like they were caused by you hindering any attempt made for them not to be losses.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts