Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed a Radium pcv catch can a few weeks ago, put maybe 200 miles on the car since tops. The weather has been below -20c pretty solid, so darn cold. Checked the catch can for interest, expected not much to be in it, but boy was I wrong, it was at least half full, which is likely as full as it should ever get. Is this pretty normal in weather this cold? It seemed pretty watery, but smelled like pure gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,420 Posts
Yes. You create a lot more water vapor in the crankcase during warmup in the winter due to the temperature difference in the crankcase versus outside air.

I drain my mega can (1 quart capacity) on my f150 every tank of gas and it has a LOT of milkshake in it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok good to know, I’ll have to make sure to stay on top of checking it, especially when it’s really cold out. Can I ask what you guys do with this stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
607 Posts
I keep it in an old metal coffee can in back of shed until ready to take with used oil.

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
292 Posts

this mine after 900 miles, but when the picture was taken, the winter hadn’t set in properly.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea that's about what I was expecting to see, underestimated the effect of the -30 weather we were getting for awhile there. Guess I'll just store the milkshake for now and remember to check it often. Thanks guys.

Reactions: sttwoton
1 - 8 of 8 Posts