Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car didnt come with the cargo cover. On the fence whether to buy one- for those that use it, does it block road and exhaust noise?

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
My car didnt come with the cargo cover. On the fence whether to buy one- for those that use it, does it block road and exhaust noise?
Yes, noticeably.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I brought a 58" 4K TV home the other day and had to leave my hatch open, resting on the TV box.

Let me say the exhaust sounded glorious with the hatch open !

i've never drove with my cargo cover out though, going to give it a whirl!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yes. Also keeping a lot of stuffing in there cut the 'rumble'.
I use 8 packs of paper towels as filler.
Two of those goes a long way to stopping the typical hatchback rumble.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anyone has a cargo cover laying in their garage and they don't want it, I will buy. Just PM me

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yes. Also keeping a lot of stuffing in there cut the 'rumble'.
I use 8 packs of paper towels as filler.
Two of those goes a long way to stopping the typical hatchback rumble.
I stumbled on some 1/2” commercial carpet pad (like heavy gray felt) and cut it to fit. I just kind of friction fit it back there. BIG difference

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I brought a 58" 4K TV home the other day and had to leave my hatch open, resting on the TV box.

Let me say the exhaust sounded glorious with the hatch open !

i've never drove with my cargo cover out though, going to give it a whirl!
Seats down makes a difference too, try that with no cargo cover for full effect ;)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I took mine off once detailing the inside of my car...and then forgot to put it back in and it hasn't been in since haha. I don't even notice it isn't there anymore EXCEPT under certain lighting you see the reflection of your cargo in your back window...vs seeing no glare with the cover in place.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I often end up with a pile of junk in the hatch and when my cover is off, the sound of it all from bumps and what not is significantly louder. So, yes, it's a sound proofing part.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys Ill pick one up. I decided to spare tire delete as well, will fill that area up with carpet

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,227 Posts
Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Btw, mine didn't come with a cargo cover and I wish it had... Would prefer even less noise from the rear. Might have to pick one up before winter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts