Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Now I really really really feel dumb. TurboGT was right. When I installed the plugs backwards the blue insert from the map sensor plug got stuck inside the fuel rail pressure sensor. That’s why I could not swapped them back. I really appreciate all the help from this group 🙏🙏🙏
Next time I’m going to label every plug. I’m telling you I feel dumb for making this mistake. Like they said, “you can’t fix stupid” yes I’m calling myself stupid.😂 Ps the car runs great!!!👍🏻

·
Registered
*2016 Ford Focus ST
348 Posts
Biggest tell, is how you ran the wiring harness. It goes inbetween the two intake runners, not around the outside. The plug ends will fit on the wrong sensors.

You'd be the 3rd person I know to do it.
Yeah I remember you telling me this. Lol

·
Registered
638 Posts
@tonysz383 Doing something new and learning from your errors is worth more in the long run than blindly following instructions and learning nothing. You really should not feel bad in the least for having tried something and making an error.
Congrats on getting it unfucked and you've gained knowledge you'll never likely forget; win-win in my book.
FWIW, my learning experience is to do one drum brake at a time. When you disassemble both at the same time you have no reference as to how all those *&%&^$%#!%@ springs go back where....

21 - 24 of 24 Posts