Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 ST3 and I just finished installing an EFR 7163 turbo kit from Mountune. I also installed an auxiliary 4 port kit from stratified.
after I downloaded the new tune from JST the car will not crank and on the dashboard is showing service engine soon. I’m getting P06A7 P08B9 and P0237codes. I re-flashed the old stratified tune but no luck on getting it to crank. The car has a brand new battery and I also have a battery charge connected to the battery. I made sure the AP was not interpreted during any of the re-flashes. I also tried locking and unlocking the car with the key fob and it works fine. I also checked the fuses and all the Connections to the sensors. Everything looks good.
Any ideas?

·
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,397 Posts
Swap your tmap sensor (on the intake) and fuel rail pressure sensor electrical connectors. They probably got mixed up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I double check the connections to the sensors and they where in the right spot.
The plugs are different and there’s no way you can install the backwards and the wire from the rail pressure is too short to reach to the map sensor.

·
Super Moderator
9,501 Posts
Well, I double check the connections to the sensors and they where in the right spot.
The plugs are different and there’s no way you can install the backwards and the wire from the rail pressure is too short to reach to the map sensor.
One of the plugs will reach and fit into the map sensor plug and vice versa. Don't remember which off hand.

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,397 Posts
It is possible. The plugs, while different, will plug into Each other.

·
Administrator
11,817 Posts
Biggest tell, is how you ran the wiring harness. It goes inbetween the two intake runners, not around the outside. The plug ends will fit on the wrong sensors.

You'd be the 3rd person I know to do it.

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JST reached out to me and told me to contact Cobb for support. They have never seen this problem. 😩

·
Administrator
11,817 Posts
JST reached out to me and told me to contact Cobb for support. They have never seen this problem. 😩
Please take a pic of your intake manifold.

Could have damaged the map signal wire when you tapped it, as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I had a friend take a picture of the map plug and it looks like it was backwards like you said. However I have a big problem, the auxiliary fuel plate pushed the intake manifold too far and it looks like I must extend the wires on one plug.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will take better pictures tomorrow. I have to extend one of the plug wires to get it to fit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m at a loss. I re-routed the wires but can’t plug in the fuel pressure plug. Does anyone have a 2016 st that can take pictures of the map sensor plug and the fuel rail pressure sensor?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The plug with the green insulation was lite blue but I lost the installation in the engine bay somewhere so I replaced it with one that I had.

·
Administrator
11,817 Posts
The plug with the green insulation was lite blue but I lost the installation in the engine bay somewhere so I replaced it with one that I had.
Should be able to tuck it in between the intake manifold, run it behind the last runner, and plug it in. No factory wiring needs to be extended on a 4 port install.

Reactions: ddfred

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update. The plugs where in the right spots from the beginning. However my dumb ass plug in the fuel pressure sensor plug upside down. The car started but it runs at a 2300 RPMs at idle and it runs rich as hell. I think that I mar need a new sensor. I’m going to the dealership and purchase a pressure sensor and a map sensor to be safe. Man do I feel stupid 😩

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Duece I ended up unraveling the wire cover and separated the two cables from the main harness. Now I have all the length I needed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts