Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyyooo.

Went through the car wash, went flying up; now missing the shroud (?) that goes before the foeec

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've thought about doing that so I've been practicing by not wiping during rain. Hasn't gone well as I can't are out my rear window enough to see the rear during storms. Any way to clear up visibility and delete the monstrosity?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,518 Posts
Youre welcome. Now that we got that sorted, i have to ask. Where exactly is it so cold? Lol

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,518 Posts
Reactions: ddfred

·
Super Moderator
10,044 Posts
Youre welcome. Now that we got that sorted, i have to ask. Where exactly is it so cold? Lol
At least he doesn't have hundreds of ducks...

• Haha
Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
2016 ST1 Oxford White, Gen2 GTX3076R Turbo
122 Posts
I lost this small part awhile back, awesome to see someone ask for the part number. Looks like I'm getting this too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a feeling this might end up being a frequently lost part if you've lost it too. Might need to zip tie it to the metal base or something.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Right? Not everyone lives in nice climates.
Even in the not so very nice climate here in the Netherlands, I still deleted the rear wiper

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Even in the not so very nice climate here in the Netherlands, I still deleted the rear wiper
How's the visibility? Does it improve with the defroster powered up?

I agree that it looks better but so far, I definitely like being able to have a clear shot out the back whenever I need it. Defroster, for me anyway, hasn't been enough.

·
Super Moderator
4,518 Posts
You also seem to wash your car a fair amount. Also, what is your commute type?

I drive 70 miles a day on the highway. When it's Snowed and they've put salt down, it takes all of 15 minutes for the back window to be covered in salt and visibility Diminished.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Typical commute 20 minute mixed driving city and a little highway. Next to that mostly countryside and highway with a small bit of city driving. Rear window does get covered with salt dust etc, but not that bad that i can not see out of.
I am used to have no view out the back window, i work as a prof. truck driver and many trucks dont have a rear window

1 - 18 of 18 Posts