Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i had this problem with my backdoors where i have to manually lock my rear doors so i can alarm my my car. My doors do close and i dont have any lights/warnings in the dashboard. I do get the double honk letting me know a door is open but all doors are closed. Anyone know what could be the issue??

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,480 Posts
What trim level is your ST? I'm assuming by you user name that it's a 2016?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used to have an SE focus for a work vehicle...it had the same issue. The doors were physically closed but the alarm would go off like the door was open. I think it was a 2016 model year. I ended up taking it to the dealership and they had to replace the whole latch mechanism on the driver's door.

It was like $700 lol! I would have done it myself if it was my personal car.

Not saying that's your issue, but it could be possible.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,480 Posts
The door switch is integrated into the latch mechanism itself. Ford over packed them with dielectric grease and they began to start failing. I had the drivers door (the most used and prone to failure) replaced 4 times under warranty before installing my own contact-less magnetic switch to deal with this once and for all in my 2014 Edge.

With the door actually open one at a time does the dash display which door is ajar?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought there is a TSB or a recall for door latches on some Fords, it may include your ST. I don't know if it is this issue, though, as it has something to do with the latches failing to keep the door latched. You will have to search for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to have an SE focus for a work vehicle...it had the same issue. The doors were physically closed but the alarm would go off like the door was open. I think it was a 2016 model year. I ended up taking it to the dealership and they had to replace the whole latch mechanism on the driver's door.

The door switch is integrated into the latch mechanism itself. Ford over packed them with dielectric grease and they began to start failing. I had the drivers door (the most used and prone to failure) replaced 4 times under warranty before installing my own contact-less magnetic switch to deal with this once and for all in my 2014 Edge.

With the door actually open one at a time does the dash display which door is ajar?

I dont have the alarm going off, but rather get the double honk when I try to alarm it with the keyfob, i feel like this could be my issue also becuase everything you mention seems to fit my issue as well. Thanks, i guess the only option i have is to buy the parts and replace it myself as i hate dealing with dealerships

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought there is a TSB or a recall for door latches on some Fords, it may include your ST. I don't know if it is this issue, though, as it has something to do with the latches failing to keep the door latched. You will have to search for it.
Ill check with the dealership and see if thats a recall on my car, if it is then ill let them fix it but if not, i guess ill fix it myself

1 - 7 of 7 Posts