Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Wish I could have done the same thing today, unfortunately my car is in the body shop :(

·
Registered
709 Posts
Eh.. not much of one, hit a deer. This actually happened in June but the body shop I like to use was booked up for a month.
Could be worse I suppose, I hope no one got hurt. We get some big white tails, muleis , moose and caribou out here. Hitting them is generally a write off for most cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Engine keeps cutting out in mid flight. No matter what rpm.i think it is the recall notice.problem is some dumb ass replaced my ecu/pcm/with an aftermarket bullshit.that ford motor company can't work on .any options.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,626 Posts
Engine keeps cutting out in mid flight. No matter what rpm.i think it is the recall notice.problem is some dumb ass replaced my ecu/pcm/with an aftermarket bullshit.that ford motor company can't work on .any options.
Replace your purge valve assembly yourself, not much $ and easy.

Are you sure you have a different ECU or one of those piggyback controllers that tries to trick the stock one?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man
Man that sounds awful, i wish i knew more about them and could better help you. The electrical side of moder cars confuses the crap out of me. They say its supposed ro make it easier to fix but i question that, because you need a computer technition just to look at it. They really make it so the average guy cant do anything with his own car anymore.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,626 Posts
Man

Man that sounds awful, i wish i knew more about them and could better help you. The electrical side of moder cars confuses the crap out of me. They say its supposed ro make it easier to fix but i question that, because you need a computer technition just to look at it. They really make it so the average guy cant do anything with his own car anymore.
That is very NOT true.

Now with Torque Android app and a cheap Bluetooth dongle (maybe $25) your can read all codes yourself and graph sensor response.
No oscilloscope required.

Much easier than screwing around rebuilding carburetors, chasing rats nest of vacuum hoses and sensors, etc.

It does require an investment learning new methods and differences between car manufacturers and model years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts