Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Maybe not if stock, for sure if lowered.

I have a set of composite ramps that I use. I put a 2' piece of 2x10 in front of the ramps and I clear fine with that. Once I am on the ramps I remove the boards and then put them back when ready to come down.

Reactions: Lou64

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, I'll check out the Rhino Ramps then. I really didn't want plastic, but they are a bit cheaper as well. Race Ramps - holy moly expensive. Kind of cool how you can take the ramp portion out once the car is up though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Hmm, I'll check out the Rhino Ramps then. I really didn't want plastic, but they are a bit cheaper as well. Race Ramps - holy moly expensive. Kind of cool how you can take the ramp portion out once the car is up though.
I have Race ramps.... worth every penny! I have 2 piece (56" I think). Bought them years ago for lowered Mustang. Another nice thing about them is they will not move no matter what they are on, painted floor or slick concrete. Yeah the pricey but it will be the last ramps you buy, probably 2-3x time the price of rhino. I had problems with plastic rams moving when trying to pull on them is why I made the change. No regrets.

·
Super Moderator
9,802 Posts
Be careful with all steel ramps; they tend to slide forward while driving on to them if you are on concrete. I've used them in the past and learned the hard way by almost sliding them through the garage wall! I started putting a piece of scrap carpet under them.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yeap.

Race Ramps. End of discussion.

I too have a set and they have been worth every single cent spent on them. I had someone borrow mine and I had to threaten them to bring them back in good order and in a timely fashion when they left the house with them. Rightfully so because his wife came by to drop them off and she said that he ALMOST didn't want to let me have them back.

Nice. Wide. Removable ramp section. They are AWESOME if you have a lowered car.

https://raceramps.com/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts