Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an issue right now if anyone can help, Was a 100deg day car overheated, AC took a crap and now have no boost(only goes up to first line on boost gauge). I checked the intercooler hoses and everything seem to be connected. No code!! Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have an issue right now if anyone can help, Was a 100deg day car overheated, AC took a crap and now have no boost(only goes up to first line on boost gauge). I checked the intercooler hoses and everything seem to be connected. No code!! Any help would be appreciated
2013 Focus St. Had since new, Highly modified with an autozone cone filter :D

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,297 Posts
How's your coolant level? How many miles on it? Are your grill shutters closed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How's your coolant level? How many miles on it? Are your grill shutters closed?
There was no coolant in the reservoir I topped it off, 150k stock everything except when I first got the car i took off the top of the air box and have been running autozone cone air filters since day 1, grill shutters were half closed i forced them all open(frnt bumper is jacked up and a few shutters were out of the mount so I set them back in and opened them all. All fuses are good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.Everything sounds normal, boost gauge used to go up to the 3rd mark, now i floor the car and it pulls then falls flat with the boost gauge staying steady on the first mark no matter what gear.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,957 Posts
You need to find where your coolant leak is. Rent a pressure tester from an auto parts store.

Ac off and reduced power are normal when this happens.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,769 Posts
There are a number of common coolant leak points, including:
  • The thin coolant pipe that runs from the expansion bottle to the manifold above the transmission (end fittings can fracture INSIDE)
  • Both heater hose connections at the firewall can leak and the resulting leak tends to get absorbed by the sound absorbing material for a while, so there is little evidence until too late.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts