Ford Focus ST Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Car is making 1-2lbs of boost even after a new turbo

3K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  TurboGT 
#1 ·
Been about 3 months of my car making 1-2lbs of boost max at wide open throttle, got a new downpipe because thats what ford tech 1 said it was, then ford tech 2 said it was the turbo, so i bought a brand new garrett powermax 350, and i got it tuned sounds great but still only makes 2lbs of boost and no ford tech knows whats wrong with it and there solution is throw more parts at it. Anyone know anything that it could be

#3 ·
Intake. Down pipe, fuel pump, turbo, and charge piping. I did stratified flash tuning because there are no dynos around me that dont charge a ransom. I have no idea if its a boost leak somewhere or something goofed in the electronics but it refuses to make anything more than 2lbs of boost while acting completely fine

#4 ·
Set up a log and upload that log to DataZap and then post the DZ link here.

This article from Stratified explains how to do a log and which parameters to use.

Reactions: beretta96
#7 ·
There is no such thing as a flash tune for a big turbo.

They only offer their "pro tune" with the powermax. Which involves revisions.

You probably have multiple issues going on right now. I would be starting with a proper boost leak test, pressurized to at least 26psi.

#10 ·
You drove it around for 3 months, making almost no boost, then bought an aftermarket turbo?

You need to find the core issue first. Second, what @TurboGT and @ddfred said, you need a protune/tune with revisions for anything outside a K03.

You have aftermarket charge pipes with the stock FMIC?

TL;DR: intake, charge pipes, downpipe make little performance difference. Aftermarket turbo and aftermarket fuel system require custom turning. I assume you mean aux fuel?

#13 ·
Hand tool Tool Household hardware Artifact Blade

#18 ·
this looks promising. Maybe a signature update in my future.

if this is for real, is it possible he got a power max replacement turbo? Not the upgraded one. Definitely stop loading the parts cannon. Agree with boost leak test.

Reactions: xTheMan42
#19 ·
I'm pretty sure it's tbands with his big wheel stock turbo. He wasted everyone's time last go-around, did absolutely nothing we told him to, then insulted everyone here when we called him out.

He will never be welcome back. But I try to give the benefit of the doubt if there is a slim chance this isn't him.

So let's see that powermax on your car with a slip of paper and your username stuffed next to it.

#21 · (Edited)
Smile Jacket Event Fur Beard

#22 ·
Font Terrestrial plant Event Darkness Circle

Maybe the thunking and clunking of the axle is causing his boost issues...🤔

Reactions: colewhateva
#23 ·
Maybe the thunking and clunking of the axle is causing his boost issues...🤔
I think it's the fact that he spends more time using a VPN to create hordes of new usernames to post the same thread than actually under the hood of his car doing the tests we told him to do.

We're all idiots though.

#26 ·
I personally am holding out that it's really Poker. But that's just my own sick mind at work LOL!

#27 ·
Why does this thread bring me so many smiles? Also, the lack of OP response, brings even more.

Was being naughty and looking at 2023 BMW M2 coupes today. Only felt bad because I wouldn't want to leave the ST community.....and my pocketbook would suffer.

#28 ·
Why does this thread bring me so many smiles? Also, the lack of OP response, brings even more.

Was being naughty and looking at 2023 BMW M2 coupes today. Only felt bad because I wouldn't want to leave the ST community.....and my pocketbook would suffer.
You dont have to leave, and it's just some money...

#29 ·
You know it's been awhile since my last contest...

What say the masses? Sound off!

Reactions: rob99rt and ddfred
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.