Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took car in to replace strut bearings, I have stock struts and eibach pros and its making a crunch type of sound when going over large bumps after they took apart and put back together, when jacking up the right side I can hear a click when pulling on spring and twisting but just barely. Is anyof this normal, I have spent way too much money on labor taking these stockers apart and back together.i was in hospitol when this was being done with impaction., also my ball joints on lower control arms both are ripped on inside identically and are spuing grease, grrrrr it was also making a whine or whistle in second and it seems clunky when shifting. From 2nd to 3rd. They put new stock wheels on too my old ones had a bend on one. Car is smoother but seems to be making noises, plus when I turn the wheel the noise of plastic on plastic scraping is still there. Guess it just a cheap setup? I hpe I didnt put in bad strut bearing, paid 75 for both from dealer.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Strut bearings are finicky because if they are not torqued properly, or come loose, they make the same noise as a worn out strut bearing. When you say ball joints, what exactly are you talking about? Steering linkage? Sway bar linkage? Half shaft? Control arm?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ball joints on lower control arm, and the mechanic that did it told me it wasnt nessesary to replace entire lca assembly even though I said it was one piece. He said my wife (secretary) called moog with the diameter and they will get me the boots, call you when theyget here you can drive it like it is. toughhhh I didnt pay 100 bucks an hour for this ****

1 - 4 of 4 Posts