Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got myself a brandy new storm trooper st3, and i can't stop smiling! i look forward to the commute to work now, every day; after years of owning nothing but trucks, this is quite the change for me. love love love it.

i probably won't be doing much in the way of power mods...at least not in the near future! need this thing to last for a while. but i've already ordered a perrin shorty antennae and the cjponyparts gas pedal riser...prob gonna do rally armor, get a second set of wheels and winter tires, and do ceramic pro application (my buddy does it professionally) then just enjoy the car for a while.

just thought i'd say hi!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Totally jealous of the Ceramic Pro install. I'm sure the mod bug will infect you after a while, it's highly contagious!

By the way, pics of your car or it didn't happen ;)

Welcome to the forum! Coat rack is on the left to hang your coat and stay a while.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Hey...that storm trooper option wasn't available back in 2012 when I ordered mine...I'm jealous!

Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the way, pics of your car or it didn't happen ;)
Omsz8sD.jpg

took this one with my potato...

been doing a lot of reading and research...think i'm going to pick up a sound symposer delete kit asap. i'll probably get the delete kit, shift cable bushing, shifter base bushings, and have an afternoon of it. got the front mud flaps on over the past weekend and doing the rears on friday. better pic to follow that and a wash.

my only complaint after 650 miles is the stupid rev hang. horrible! how can i get rid of it? is it really a tuning thing? or will a blow-off valve do it? i feel like the bov might release excess pressure and trick the computer in to not hanging for so long maybe? anyone have experience with that?

if i get a high flow air filter and put a bov on, will i need a tune? or will the stock computer remap to something that is workable?

thanks for the advice!

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
View attachment 244442

took this one with my potato...

been doing a lot of reading and research...think i'm going to pick up a sound symposer delete kit asap. i'll probably get the delete kit, shift cable bushing, shifter base bushings, and have an afternoon of it. got the front mud flaps on over the past weekend and doing the rears on friday. better pic to follow that and a wash.

my only complaint after 650 miles is the stupid rev hang. horrible! how can i get rid of it? is it really a tuning thing? or will a blow-off valve do it? i feel like the bov might release excess pressure and trick the computer in to not hanging for so long maybe? anyone have experience with that?

if i get a high flow air filter and put a bov on, will i need a tune? or will the stock computer remap to something that is workable?

thanks for the advice!
Ah yes, rev hang. One of the many things that slowly became so common in American (all modern manual cars really...but mainly ones in America) manual cars. It's for those Americans who learn to drive a manual and shift slow and never aggressive...and I'm 99% certain it is ONLY relieved by tuning the car. I HATED it. Got my tune, gone. So much nicer now.

If you get any mods at all, it'll give you no gains other than maybe a slightly different torque curve. Our stock tune is set to hit a max HP/TQ point and when it hits that it shuts everything down so it doesn't surpass that mark. Therefore you can put on a BOV and an air filter, even an intercooler or downpipe/catback/etc and it will do nothing for your car in terms of making gains in power. It won't hurt you either. So feel free to put the high flow for better sounding intake/turbo noises and the BOV because I mean...it sounds awesome!

Oh and lastly, nice car!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, brian60! and may i add...LET'S GO PENS!!!

so tune is the only way to get rid of rev hang huh? i have read that it has more to do with emissions and preventing blow-by than with helping people shift...but why not both, i guess? if it is for the former, though, i feel like a bov would be good to have if i'm going to tune out the rev hang...i am tempted to get an accessport solely to get rid of it though...will prob tune eventually, but without some parts upgrades i don't see a real point.

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
thanks, brian60! and may i add...LET'S GO PENS!!!

so tune is the only way to get rid of rev hang huh? i have read that it has more to do with emissions and preventing blow-by than with helping people shift...but why not both, i guess? if it is for the former, though, i feel like a bov would be good to have if i'm going to tune out the rev hang...i am tempted to get an accessport solely to get rid of it though...will prob tune eventually, but without some parts upgrades i don't see a real point.
Yeah the tune is the sure fire way to get rid of the rev hang. I would recommend buying the accessport off of Stratified or another tuner from the forum because if you buy it from them it is still $500 just like Cobb AND you get a free flash tune. The flash tune performs a lot better than the off the shelf (OTS) tunes because it gets setup exactly based on your mods. Like if you have this brand of BOV with this brand of downpipe, Stratified/whoever can specifically tune your car for those parts. For BOV I'd recommend @Boomba Racing because:
1- It's the loudest (snaps necks) 2- The company is incredible to deal with 3- High quality parts that so rarely break and when they do, contact them and they will get it resolved/replaced

Turbosmart/Mountune are also great options...if you like quieter options. Boomba also makes a BPV also though, which is quiet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts