Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Wilwood Superlite 6 piston calipers. I just installed a new set of 14" rotors and have new brake pads. With new rotors and pads I need to fully compress the caliper pistons for clearance. Unfortunately I can't get two of the pistons to press in. I've tried several ways of pressing with a clamp and old brake pad, block of wood, etc.. with no success. Anyone with these type of calipers have this issue before?
20170618_182211.jpg

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Gotta be a square o ring issue. If it were all the pistons I'd say it could be a brake line crack the brake line and see if they compress then.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta be a square o ring issue. If it were all the pistons I'd say it could be a brake line crack the brake line and see if they compress then.
What is a "square o-ring" issue? I did go ahead and order piston and o-ring kits for both front calipers just to be safe.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
The o rings are round is shape but the rubber is square. So the piston is making contact with a flat surface rather than a rounded surface. The piston can be a ***** to get back in when you replace the o rings. Only lubricate with brake fluid as and other lubricant will contaminate your brake fluid circuit and that's bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts