Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered one of DorkusPrint's A-pillar accessport mounts because of all the good reviews it was getting. But when I went to install it, I realized that I couldn't get it to stay. The seam where the A-pillar meets with the windshield seems to be completely filled with sealant(?). The longer arm of the claw that's supposed to hook into this seam doesn't have anywhere to hook into and therefore won't attach. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Should I scrape out the windshield sealant?
Car Sky Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Plant Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,586 Posts
Yes, park the car in the sun all day and scrape that out with a drywall knife or something. Someone did a sloppy job putting that windshield in.

Reactions: SgtMoo

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, park the car in the sun all day and scrape that out with a drywall knife or something. Someone did a sloppy job putting that windshield in.
Damn, guess I'm just unlucky b/c it's the factory windshield too. I'll get to hackin at it then... 🙁

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,586 Posts
Damn, guess I'm just unlucky b/c it's the factory windshield too. I'll get to hackin at it then... 🙁
There must have been an actual glue station in assembly where the urethane was applied to the body. That operator just happened to be heavy- handed, apparently.

Reactions: SgtMoo
1 - 9 of 9 Posts