Ford Focus ST Forum banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'll have to do some research on it as well, but I recently ordered a Mountune tune on an otherwise stock car, should I go with colder sooner or later, or is stock still OK?

·
Registered
116 Posts
When dealing with tunes, I would always ask the tuner what they recommend and what gap the plugs should be set at.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey guys, so I purchased my focus in December and I can’t tell if it has had a tube installed for the life of me. I didn’t get an accessport with it but my mods that came with it are the following: Green Filter Mod, 3” turbo back exhaust with magnaflow muffler, steeda fmic 3 1/2 inch, synapese BOV, and an adjustable short throw shifter. The car is really quick and I’ve hung within a car length of an 06 Sti that’s built and dyno tuned at 327 whp and I’ve beat a few other st’s around along with wrx’s and Gti’s. Even beat a 2010 Camaro ss. My car crackles and pops very nicely when decelerating between 1600 - 3000 rpm. I also get REALLY good gas mileage (on a 200 road trip I got 45 average.) commuting to work and back 50 miles a day I get 33-37 mpg. Looking for input/guidance to learn about my car. I’m going to invest in an accesport in the near future. Thank you

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Hey guys, so I purchased my focus in December and I can’️t tell if it has had a tube installed for the life of me. I didn’️t get an accessport with it but my mods that came with it are the following: Green Filter Mod, 3â€ÂÂ� turbo back exhaust with magnaflow muffler, steeda fmic 3 1/2 inch, synapese BOV, and an adjustable short throw shifter. The car is really quick and I’️ve hung within a car length of an 06 Sti that’️s built and dyno tuned at 327 whp and I’️ve beat a few other st’️s around along with wrx’️s and Gti’️s. Even beat a 2010 Camaro ss. My car crackles and pops very nicely when decelerating between 1600 - 3000 rpm. I also get REALLY good gas mileage (on a 200 road trip I got 45 average.) commuting to work and back 50 miles a day I get 33-37 mpg. Looking for input/guidance to learn about my car. I’️m going to invest in an accesport in the near future. Thank you

If it pops and crackles on decell I would say it has a tune. If it doesn't have a tune and I would get one. I have similar mods full stage 3 bolt ons and I reverted back to stock tune for emissions testing. And it ran like s***. I'd go wide open throttle and got -3.8 ignition corrections.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm Stratified tuned now, but I was checking into JST and their 93 tunes make the same power as Strats E30 tunes. I'm not sure how this is possible or safe, but they have dyno and 1/4 mile runs to back it up. Looking for feedback by JST guys on that POWERRR!

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I'm Stratified tuned now, but I was checking into JST and their 93 tunes make the same power as Strats E30 tunes. I'm not sure how this is possible or safe, but they have dyno and 1/4 mile runs to back it up. Looking for feedback by JST guys on that POWERRR!
Just got the livewire ts with the 93 and e30 tune....honestly the power difference is night and day, I gave my strat. Tune to my buddy since I was having issues with my accessport....another sorry for another day, and he said his fost didn’t seem as aggressive as it did before with strats 93 tune....I don’t know, but unleashed customer service is like stellar l, got my livewire Friday emailed tori noonish and received my tunes Friday night....installed them Saturday and couldn’t be happier

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Torrie is great, I've been rocking his tune for a year and a half now with no revisions from the first one he sent me.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just got the livewire ts with the 93 and e30 tune....honestly the power difference is night and day, I gave my strat. Tune to my buddy since I was having issues with my accessport....another sorry for another day, and he said his fost didn’t seem as aggressive as it did before with strats 93 tune....I don’t know, but unleashed customer service is like stellar l, got my livewire Friday emailed tori noonish and received my tunes Friday night....installed them Saturday and couldn’t be happier
What are the pros and cons of the LiveWire to AP3? Everyone does seem to be happy with Unleashed. Did you do any revisions?

·
Administrator
12,606 Posts
What are the pros and cons of the LiveWire to AP3? Everyone does seem to be happy with Unleashed. Did you do any revisions?
Ugh, I have a Livewire TS plus on an expedition, run a Rev x on my edge sport, and an AP3 in the focus.

The AP3 is the best tuning device hands down. Interface, mounting, cables, logging, parameters, size, responsiveness, just leagues better.

Only things the AP3 doesnt have is wifi/cloud based maps, or a touch screen. Both of which are over rated and i find its way slower than using the AP3.

Torrie is a great tuner, i just dislike SCT devices. So I use him on vehicles without AP3 support, but man do I miss my AP3 whenever I have to fux with a SCT.

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST3
209 Posts
Is anybody here tuned by Edgeautosport? I hear good things about Alan Jackson and his work. I wonder if they are able to keep the stock LSPI tables.

I am mostly concerned with safety, as my ST is my daily driver. Anyone have any recommendations? Obviously, I never intend to put my car into an LSPI scenario, but it's nice peace of mind.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is anybody here tuned by Edgeautosport? I hear good things about Alan Jackson and his work. I wonder if they are able to keep the stock LSPI tables.

I am mostly concerned with safety, as my ST is my daily driver. Anyone have any recommendations? Obviously, I never intend to put my car into an LSPI scenario, but it's nice peace of mind.
Sorry I have no experience with Edgeautosport, but I went with JSTune for the past 2 years and I have extremely happy with the tune. I was also concerned with safety and getting the best conservative power gains as to not break anything in the car (daily driver as well). I expressed this while getting my revisions on the tune and I was assured that the tune would be conservative and as "safe" as it could be. I was told that the driver also has a lot to do with breaking stuff on the car, like mashing on the pedal constantly and overall hot-rodding the car which can stress the engine out.

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST3
209 Posts
Sorry I have no experience with Edgeautosport, but I went with JSTune for the past 2 years and I have extremely happy with the tune. I was also concerned with safety and getting the best conservative power gains as to not break anything in the car (daily driver as well). I expressed this while getting my revisions on the tune and I was assured that the tune would be conservative and as "safe" as it could be. I was told that the driver also has a lot to do with breaking stuff on the car, like mashing on the pedal constantly and overall hot-rodding the car which can stress the engine out.
I've heard from a few people that the JST tune is nearly identical to the Cobb OTS tune. No OEM LSPI safeties.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,418 Posts
I've heard from a few people that the JST tune is nearly identical to the Cobb OTS tune. No OEM LSPI safeties.

Can anyone confirm this?
I can't imagine that being the case. When I was going through the tuning process and he sent me a "too aggressive" tune for the crap gas I was dealing with, I would see it pull timing pretty aggressively and drop the OAR real quick. I ran the Cobb Stage 2 and 3 OTS tunes for a couple weeks before I started the tuning process with JST, and I specifically asked him for a very conservative tune to promote engine longevity. I definitely felt the Cobb OTS Stage 3 was more aggressive than the tune I ended up with from JST, and I also saw more negative corrections with the Stage 3 OTS tune than I do with the final JST tune. Every now and then I'll see -.5 to -.7 for cylinder corrections now, but with the Cobb OTS I would routinely see -1.5 or more and it wouldn't drop the OAR. During the JST tuning process, if it saw more than -1.5 in a couple cylinders it would instantly drop the OAR at least .05 to -.95, and if it saw negatives in the -2.+ range, it would drop it to -.91 and I'd have to build it up again from there.

Not sure if that's totally related to what you're asking, but my JST tune definitely wasn't shy about dropping timing and the OAR if it detected some knock.

Reactions: W4R and jwuonog

·
Registered
29 Posts

Can anyone confirm this?
I am also interested in hearing if Cobb and JST or others get rid of the oem lspi protections. I am currently running the Cobb stage 1, which actually "feels" pretty good, but i dont want to ruin my motor. I was tempted to order a Monster tune, but they aren't on sale and Stratified is :). Looking for a safe tune..Does anyone know if Stratified removes the safe guards also?

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST3
209 Posts
I am also interested in hearing if Cobb and JST or others get rid of the oem lspi protections. I am currently running the Cobb stage 1, which actually "feels" pretty good, but i dont want to ruin my motor. I was tempted to order a Monster tune, but they aren't on sale and Stratified is :). Looking for a safe tune..Does anyone know if Stratified removes the safe guards also?
Stratified keeps the OEM safeties.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts