Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ended up going with Stratified, does anyone know how long they take to process and ship? I ordered on Tuesday night and it still says processing. Charge went through on my card, and an additional $15 processing fee. Just curious, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have done some research and have reached out to most of the tuners via emails and have gotten no response so sorry if this is has been hashed a million times.

What I am looking for in a tune/tuner

ease of use/good tech support [this concerns me as my emails don't get answered.]

I obviously want an increase in power but more important I want the smoothest increase. Max power isn't my goal.

I want traction control.

My only other future mod aside from short shifter and things of that nature would be a FMIC. When I get the FMIC will I need a different tune?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have done some research and have reached out to most of the tuners via emails and have gotten no response so sorry if this is has been hashed a million times.

What I am looking for in a tune/tuner

ease of use/good tech support [this concerns me as my emails don't get answered.]

I obviously want an increase in power but more important I want the smoothest increase. Max power isn't my goal.

I want traction control.

My only other future mod aside from short shifter and things of that nature would be a FMIC. When I get the FMIC will I need a different tune?

Thanks guys.
I have stratified and very please with their tunes, the "tire kickers" don't get much attention from what I've seen but they have a very smooth and safe feeling
tune as others will back me up. E30 tune here and loving it, a tune will be required to fully utilize the fmic potential but it will help without tune nonetheless.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone using SCT X4? Do I need colder plugs & intercooler with it? Did you feel a difference with the OTS tune ? Is it safe ?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
What is everyone's opinion on a Livernois tuner and tunes? I come from an SHO and Livernois is known for it's Ecoboost tuning for the SHO and F150's among other platforms, but I don't see it mentioned much at all on these forums. I see most use a COBB access port and either COBB or Stratified tunes with the AP. Livernois has dyno sheets with 103 crank HP gains out of the box, seems like a nice increase for a stock ST and was originally my first choice, now I'm not sure.

Any info would be greatly appreciated to help with my decision, thanks!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mountune vs Stratified? I like Mountune for their compatibility with warranties (and easy-to-buy performance packages) but everyone has raved about Stratified, and they're more or less in my backyard. Also, tune first then install mods and update tune? Or install parts then get a tune?

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Mountune vs Stratified? I like Mountune for their compatibility with warranties (and easy-to-buy performance packages) but everyone has raved about Stratified, and they're more or less in my backyard. Also, tune first then install mods and update tune? Or install parts then get a tune?
Don't forget with almost all parts purchases we provide a tune update at no cost, so that is an option as well. Two birds if you will.
Concerning the comparison I don't really address other companies but I would be glad to tell you about Stratified via PM or email.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
one last thing to add on top of hemi there

mountune custom tunes have no warranty when comparing to other companies

·
Registered
137 Posts
Im going to go with panda, unfortunately they refuse to write me one using 87 octane for my long road trips to mexico so ill have to use cobbs preset 87 for that but tbh, after dealing with tunes for a very long time, no tune is going to be much different then the next for the exact same car and hardware on it. You can only go so far in the safe zone that id put money on it you wont feel much of a difference or at all between a custom cobb, stratified, or panda tune for your exact car. I know people on here will disagree with me but dont care, thats the truth. Oh, just in case your curious why 87 for road trips, just go out in the middle of nowhere where hardly anybody is and put a full tank of high octane in you car and see how it reacts to moisture build up in the gas that nobody uses. I experienced that in Wyoming, my car was jerky as sh!t until i put fuel treatment in it.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Im going to go with panda, unfortunately they refuse to write me one using 87 octane for my long road trips to mexico so ill have to use cobbs preset 87 for that but tbh, after dealing with tunes for a very long time, no tune is going to be much different then the next for the exact same car and hardware on it. You can only go so far in the safe zone that id put money on it you wont feel much of a difference or at all between a custom cobb, stratified, or panda tune for your exact car. I know people on here will disagree with me but dont care, thats the truth. Oh, just in case your curious why 87 for road trips, just go out in the middle of nowhere where hardly anybody is and put a full tank of high octane in you car and see how it reacts to moisture build up in the gas that nobody uses. I experienced that in Wyoming, my car was jerky as sh!t until i put fuel treatment in it.
we do not tune for 87 as there is practically no gains to be had and would be taking your money. we have a eco slot but i know that is not what you are looking for and recommend the cobb 87 map for your needs.

Every tuner here is good at what they do. Take time talk to us and see how much we love what we are doing and decide for yourself. Dont be so quick to listen to the crowd there is a lot of miss information out there about us all while some maybe true, WE all make mistakes and are still learning. You can never learn to much! It is a honor to tune next to these guys and support you all!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Uuuuggg...I just now figured out Panda is local to me!!! I'm thinking with getting a tune actually on the dyno, there's no need for revisions, data log comparisons, or none of that, correct? Tune it on the dyno and you're done?! That alone probably should be a highly weighted factor in a tuner decision...don't you agree??

Chris...do you guys mind a drop-in just to chat, or still make an appt?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes Panda. Complete garbage customer service. I could be one of few that had an issue but I went with Stratified and couldn't be happier. I'll consider the $50 lost a lesson well learned.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So im stuck between JST and stratified to tune my 2017 focus st, I have heard good things about both but I would like some feedback if possible if anyone who has one or the other or both tunes? Im not looking for crazy power, just something more fun but reliable as a daily, I would be a stage 3 if that matters...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went with JST on recommendation from a friend. Couldn't be happier. Stage 3 93 and E30. Any questions I had were answered promptly. Usually only a few hours turn around between when I'd email Brian my new datalogs to when I'd receive my newly revised tune. Only had 1 issue, which was minor, and emailed Brian like 45 minutes before they closed on Friday...before the end of the night Friday I had an answer from Brian with a solution. Very happy with my experience with JST, couldn't recommend them enough.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts