Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I read past discussions and couldn't find any info on this. I'm getting code "p144c" and it refers to the "canister purge solenoid". I want to know if this falls into the category of the recall for the "purge valve". If it does, I should be able to get it fixed for free. I have a 2014 focus st. Thanks for any help you can provide :)

·
Administrator
12,183 Posts
Hey guys, I read past discussions and couldn't find any info on this. I'm getting code "p144c" and it refers to the "canister purge solenoid". I want to know if this falls into the category of the recall for the "purge valve". If it does, I should be able to get it fixed for free. I have a 2014 focus st. Thanks for any help you can provide :)
It's part of the evap system, so it just may get covered by the recall. If you have a trustworthy dealership, I'd schedule it and let them sort it out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's part of the evap system, so it just may get covered by the recall. If you have a trustworthy dealership, I'd schedule it and let them sort it out.
Many have found that if the CPV fails AFTER you've had the recall done, the cost is on you. As Duece McCracken says let Ford figure it out. From what I've read it's a pretty easy change out and a lot less expensive, if you do it yourself.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Many have found that if the CPV fails AFTER you've had the recall done, the cost is on you. As Duece McCracken says let Ford figure it out. From what I've read it's a pretty easy change out and a lot less expensive, if you do it yourself.

do you have the part number for this?

·
Registered
100 Posts
do you have the part number for this?
It looks like :

I'd ask Ford. There seems to be some question about the part number.

Also check this video:

. There is a P/N in the discussion.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I checked the recalls it had, only said I’ve had one so I don’t think that I’ve had a recall done for the evap system.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I checked the recalls it had, only said I’ve had one so I don’t think that I’ve had a recall done for the evap system. View attachment 378596
That looks APIM related for you MyFord touch. I'd take it in and have the CPV recall done.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts