Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here done this? Is it even possible? I purchased my '16 ST1 last September, and have logged about 2500 miles since. I have a few mods on mine already, and plan to put a few more on. Not going big turbo, or anything really major, but will most likely go with a FMIC, and a turbo back, as of right now I just have a catback (current mods are in my signature). I figure these things will most likely void anything beyond my base 3/36000. I figure if I can get a partial refund I might as well. Why pay the extra cash just for them to tell me "that repair isn't covered because you voided your warranty". Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but the power train warranty isn't anymore money? 5 year/60k warranty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe the extended was 7yr/100k miles if purchased. I don't have any experience with this but I'm also considering doing this on my 16'.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe the extended was 7yr/100k miles if purchased. I don't have any experience with this but I'm also considering doing this on my 16'.
That's what I have, the 7yr/100k.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
It is up to the manufacturer to prove whatever you did damage the engine if that's what your concerned about. Your other systems are not impacted by your modification and I doubt you wanna pay to replace your A/C compressor or brake master cylinder which have nothing to do with your changes.

Install a ethanol content analyzer if you plan on running it. I don't understand how the majority of users want to skip this especially in parts of the country where the level of ethanol changes by the season.

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I didnt have that option, didn't even realize that was on the table, I had 3/36k and wanna say 5/70k power train

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anybody here done this? Is it even possible? I purchased my '16 ST1 last September, and have logged about 2500 miles since. I have a few mods on mine already, and plan to put a few more on. Not going big turbo, or anything really major, but will most likely go with a FMIC, and a turbo back, as of right now I just have a catback (current mods are in my signature). I figure these things will most likely void anything beyond my base 3/36000. I figure if I can get a partial refund I might as well. Why pay the extra cash just for them to tell me "that repair isn't covered because you voided your warranty". Just a thought.
Just did this last weekend.By law they are required to cancel it. Walked into the finance department and told them I want to cancel the extended warranty and ford maintenance, simple as that. They will send a check to you loan company to reduce your loan balance. It takes about 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just did this last weekend.By law they are required to cancel it. Walked into the finance department and told them I want to cancel the extended warranty and ford maintenance, simple as that. They will send a check to you loan company to reduce your loan balance. It takes about 4-6 weeks.
I was looking to do this as well last year when I bought my car in florida. I was told your monthly payments wont change though but yes the money will get put back towards your loan. So I just kept it since my payments weren't going to change anyways. And I think you only get up to a certain amount of time so OP @davesST? you might wanna look into it somewhat soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I cancelled mine as well. It was pretty simple, fill out a form and submit it and your finance company gets a reimbursement check. I cancelled mine about 3 months into the loan.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was looking to do this as well last year when I bought my car in florida. I was told your monthly payments wont change though but yes the money will get put back towards your loan. So I just kept it since my payments weren't going to change anyways. And I think you only get up to a certain amount of time so OP @davesST? you might wanna look into it somewhat soon.
I'm planning on trading mine in so I wanted the payoff to be lower to help with the trade-in value.

·
Registered
797 Posts
A broken headlight assembly or dead dash is probably worth the price of the warranty. There is a lot of stuff other than the powertrain that stays covered.
I had some beef with the car last month that was covered under my extended warranty. Also saved me thousands of dollars with repairs on my last car. From my own experience, they've absolutely been worth the money.

Reactions: centers1d10t
1 - 13 of 13 Posts