Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the ford esp at the stealer ship initially, however I have found it significantly cheaper ($650) through another online dealer. Has anyone canceled and then purchased the cheaper plan through an "online dealer". I read on another forum where ford may catch on to this but either way there are selling a warranty.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing, but when I called the finance manager that sold me the plan he stated that yes you can cancel the esp but your monthly payment will not drop from removing it and the money will just go towards your payoff of the car no money will go into your hands. Unless you paid cash in the first place for everything. But yeah might be a better thing to just keep what you have now. I'm located in Florida as well if that might make any difference.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing, but when I called the finance manager that sold me the plan he stated that yes you can cancel the esp but your monthly payment will not drop from removing it and the money will just go towards your payoff of the car no money will go into your hands. Unless you paid cash in the first place for everything. But yeah might be a better thing to just keep what you have now. I'm located in Florida as well if that might make any difference.
That's what they told me for my lease, but I insisted I wanted the original lower monthly payment and they had to cancel the lease and rewrite it at the lower rate. They'll always resist giving you money back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't cancelled a Ford ESP, but I did cancel an aftermarket service contract that the dealer tacked on. They sent me a check for the full amount, I sent the check to my credit union and they refinanced for the new amount (less service contract). I'd imagine that's how it would go for you, but you should call whoever the administrator is for the plan (there's probably some type of contact number on your paperwork).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts