Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a '16. I was third thru a green light when a lady didn't even try to stop and hit me. Car was totaled. I looked around a bit, looked at used as well and eventually bought a '17.

I still have my Accessport and of course uninstalled the tune from my '16.

Everything seems to be the exact same so my question is can I tune the '17 with the same program I already have?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Had a '16. I was third thru a green light when a lady didn't even try to stop and hit me. Car was totaled. I looked around a bit, looked at used as well and eventually bought a '17.

I still have my Accessport and of course uninstalled the tune from my '16.

Everything seems to be the exact same so my question is can I tune the '17 with the same program I already have?

thanks
Who are you tuned by? Or do you just have Cobb OTS tunes? If you have Cobb OTS tunes, then you can download the beta update with Accessport manager and it'll work with a 2017 vehicle. If you are tuned by like Stratified or something then contact them and see if they can get you situated. I'm sure they won't make you buy a new tune if that's the case.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Who are you tuned by? Or do you just have Cobb OTS tunes? If you have Cobb OTS tunes, then you can download the beta update with Accessport manager and it'll work with a 2017 vehicle. If you are tuned by like Stratified or something then contact them and see if they can get you situated. I'm sure they won't make you buy a new tune if that's the case.
I think he was asking if he could use a 16 ots tune on his 17.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I think he was asking if he could use a 16 ots tune on his 17.
He can do that, if he downloads the beta maps using accessport manager. Cobb already came out and said they have released the beta maps with 17' support.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Reactions: Toff and screzzy

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks all.

Yup I was using the Cobb default tunes. I do have a Stratified tune but (don't hurt me) I liked the Cobb tune more.

I'm only at 500 miles so I'm not gonna tune it just yet but I will update/download everything from their site.

Thanks for the link.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts