Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I am in the Northeast and thinking about picking up an ST1. A local dealer is offering a Kona Blue ST1 w/ upgraded rims and moonroof for $22,771 plus TTL for 0% interest or $21,771 without the 0% interest. Is there anyway to get it cheaper? Ideally I would want around $19-$20K w/ 0% interest. Is that at all doable?

Edit: It is brand new 2016.

·
Premium Member
3,576 Posts
I take it that it is brand new with no miles?

·
Registered
299 Posts
New or Used?

·
Premium Member
3,576 Posts
I know on the smaller cars there isn't a lot of room for negotiation(very little mark up). If you were buying a truck I know there is a huge mark up on them so they are willing to work on the price more. Personally I'd say that you aren't going to get a better deal. But maybe someone with more buying experience can chime in.

·
Registered
295 Posts
2016 ST1 with premium rims and sunroof? Damn I walked away with a 2015 ST1 P.Blue for 21.5K with premium rims and no sunroof and I thought I got a deal(this was last year of course). I think 22,771 with 0% interest is great.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Its not the worst price in the world, but there are a lot of guys that broke into the 20k range. With incentives at the time I could have gotten one out the door under 20k.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its not the worst price in the world, but there are a lot of guys that broke into the 20k range. With incentives at the time I could have gotten one out the door under 20k.
If I could get it for $20K that would be great but I don't know what other leverage I could have since no dealers want to give me a price via e-mail. Looks like the rebates are decent but that price is listed with all rebates.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
If I could get it for $20K that would be great but I don't know what other leverage I could have since no dealers want to give me a price via e-mail. Looks like the rebates are decent but that price is listed with all rebates.
That's when you dealer shop. Get a price from them, then call the next dealer and see if they can beat it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's when you dealer shop. Get a price from them, then call the next dealer and see if they can beat it.
Yeah every dealer I have tried only sticks to the price online, they all insist I come in for a great deal! haha....

·
Registered
299 Posts
I second dealer shopping. I got my ST3 for 24399 after Rebates before TTL after literally going door to door. You just have to sit, show your interested and get the dealer talking. You become the salesman. You sell your interest in the vehicle. Once they get that scent of blood they do some crazy things. I got my base model 370z for 26359 after cross shopping 2 dealers for a week.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
I second dealer shopping. I got my ST3 for 24399 after Rebates before TTL after literally going door to door. You just have to sit, show your interested and get the dealer talking. You become the salesman. You sell your interest in the vehicle. Once they get that scent of blood they do some crazy things. I got my base model 370z for 26359 after cross shopping 2 dealers for a week.
I shopped 8 different dealerships and got my ST2 with Nav and moon roof for $22,800 OTD. Time consuming and a pain in the ass? Yes. But it saved me a good bit of money also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I shopped 8 different dealerships and got my ST2 with Nav and moon roof for $22,800 OTD. Time consuming and a pain in the ass? Yes. But it saved me a good bit of money also.
What did you do. Did you physically take offer A from Ford Dealership A and take it to Ford Dealership B, say beat it and so on?

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
What did you do. Did you physically take offer A from Ford Dealership A and take it to Ford Dealership B, say beat it and so on?
Pretty much. Some would request it on paper which sometimes I would take to them. Some would request further info like an exact invoice to which I would tell them no, this is what you get, beat it.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The sunroof and wheels are what's keeping you from getting the price you want. If those are a must-have, you're looking at the best price I'm seeing in your area, or even around my area.

If it were me, I'd go grab this one, but white is just my preference on this car since Ford ditched Ingot Silver.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The sunroof and wheels are what's keeping you from getting the price you want. If those are a must-have, you're looking at the best price I'm seeing in your area, or even around my area.

If it were me, I'd go grab this one, but white is just my preference on this car since Ford ditched Ingot Silver.
Wow soooo cheap! I don't need either of those things but I can't find a configuration without them.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I paid 22,500 out the door with TT&L a month ago for my ST1. I may have overpaid in your area, but in my area that was the going price only because they had to ship it in from across my state. I suppose that that's the cost of me doing business locally.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You're never going to get the best price internet shopping. Most dealers call these people tire kickers bc they're afraid to go in and talk with a salesperson.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're never going to get the best price internet shopping. Most dealers call these people tire kickers bc they're afraid to go in and talk with a salesperson.
I'm not afraid just trying to gauge what is a realistic price I could expect

1 - 20 of 42 Posts