Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to join the tuner/COBB performance experience, so I have a noob, if not performance sacrilegious, question about the custom performance features on the COBB's OTS maps. I actually have no interest in the Flat foot shifting, Burnout and Throttle Cut features that seem to be enabled by default on the v402+ maps. Can I disable them with just the APv3, or does it require the special tuning software? Basically, I just want the performance gains without the additional motor stressing bonus features.

Otherwise, I guess if the features don't alter/intrude the normal driving behavior of the car, I can just not use them - assuming I can't accidentally trigger some sphincter tightening rev moment.

Also, even though multi-map is available, am I understanding correctly that I can NOT set up the APv3 with both 87 and 93 map sets? Looks like the OTS map pairs are already preset; for example, the 93 map (slot 1) and an economy mode (slot 2).

Many thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Hello,

I imagine you've figured this out after this much time but figured I'd chime in.

The features will be in the background and enabled but you can simply not use them. FFS will only work if you keep the throttle floored between shifts. If you avoid that, the feature will never be used. The burnout and launch control (which has a fuel and throttle cut) also will only work if done so intentionally.

The different maps are specific to a certain fuel. You would be able to create a map with slots designed for different octane levels via custom tuning but we didn't think it'd be a good idea for the OTS maps. In that case, if someone were to change map slots without understanding what they're doing, and have fuel of a lower octane than the map slot they switched to, it would be detrimental to the engine.

[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts