Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Important Note: Unless a TPMS triggering tool is purchased, new TPMS sensors must be initialized at the dealer. Dealership labor is not included in the cost of the sensors. If TPMS sensors are not installed in the wheels, the TPMS warning lights will stay permanently illuminated.

Ive been seeing this on almost any wheel I find for my 13 foST, can I perform this with the access port, or do i have to have it done at a dealer?

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Important Note: Unless a TPMS triggering tool is purchased, new TPMS sensors must be initialized at the dealer. Dealership labor is not included in the cost of the sensors. If TPMS sensors are not installed in the wheels, the TPMS warning lights will stay permanently illuminated.

Ive been seeing this on almost any wheel I find for my 13 foST, can I perform this with the access port, or do i have to have it done at a dealer?
You can not do this with the AP, you can however do this yourself by letting air out of the tires to "trip" the sensor to reprogram them. It is much much easier with the tool though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can not do this with the AP, you can however do this yourself by letting air out of the tires to "trip" the sensor to reprogram them. It is much much easier with the tool though.
Thanks, ill prob just spring to buy the tool with the wheels...its not that expensive..

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Thanks, ill prob just spring to buy the tool with the wheels...its not that expensive..
Yeah, it'll save you a lot of grief down the road.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
I bought the TPMS programming tool last winter. Wound up not needing it. When DT put the winter tires on my extra set of snowflakes and installed them, they reset the system. When I went out to the garage and swapped the winter wheels out for my summer wheels, the car didn't require a reset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts