Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this..
I just got back from a trip to Vegas, I was gone a total of 8 days, 9 days my car sat in the garage.
Went to start her up and the batter was completely dead. I've never had this happen on any of my other cars.
Obviously I have something(s) drawing power from the battery while it was sitting. Dash cam, accessport, aftermarket remote start system...
Has anyone else had this happen? Is this common?
I guess I will be disconnecting my battery from now on if I know it will be sitting for that long.
This is a new battery that was installed when I purchased the car in January.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Not sure where to post this..
I just got back from a trip to Vegas, I was gone a total of 8 days, 9 days my car sat in the garage.
Went to start her up and the batter was completely dead. I've never had this happen on any of my other cars.
Obviously I have something(s) drawing power from the battery while it was sitting. Dash cam, accessport, aftermarket remote start system...
Has anyone else had this happen? Is this common?
I guess I will be disconnecting my battery from now on if I know it will be sitting for that long.
This is a new battery that was installed when I purchased the car in January.
Probably AP. We just had this issue on a buddies car. AP killed the battery after moving it in the driveway and shutting it off.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably AP. We just had this issue on a buddies car. AP killed the battery after moving it in the driveway and shutting it off.

Even if I have my AP set to turn off when I turn the car off?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Even if I have my AP set to turn off when I turn the car off?
Yeah there's a quirk as we found out. If you start the car, pull in the garage and shut the car off before it fully boots up, it will stay on.

Reactions: BlueHaloGirl

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could also be the dash cam if it is hard wired.
Yet it is hard wired, hence I had my suspicions that's what I could be.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I too have experienced and will confirm that Accessport quirk. There have been times when I would need to move my car to let my girlfriend out of her parking space (I often park behind her and she has to back out to go to work hours later) and I would move my car for a moment and then turn it back off. More than one occasion I've gotten into my car to see my AP3 turned on and all gauges reading 0/0 since the car is off...just sitting there sucking power. Never killed it, but I could see that happening. I would start with the dashcam though. That's why if I am not in my car extended periods I unplug my car charger and stuff.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I too have experienced and will confirm that Accessport quirk. There have been times when I would need to move my car to let my girlfriend out of her parking space (I often park behind her and she has to back out to go to work hours later) and I would move my car for a moment and then turn it back off. More than one occasion I've gotten into my car to see my AP3 turned on and all gauges reading 0/0 since the car is off...just sitting there sucking power. Never killed it, but I could see that happening. I would start with the dashcam though. That's why if I am not in my car extended periods I unplug my car charger and stuff.
You could also put a battery tender on the car which would be a good idea anyway if leaving for a while.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Next time I leave for an extended amount of time I'll just attach a trickle charger, that should help.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I had a wireless ODBII connected to mine and after coming back after 5 weeks it was 100% dead. I didn't have time to look at (it wouldn't jump off my dad's Lexus) so I bought a new battery, swapped it out, and called it a day. I have a dash cam hardwired also but that one I made sure I connected to a switched 12v.

I park it for weeks at a time in my parents garage and I've not had any problems other than this one time.

So, yes, I have felt your pain! Don't leave anything connected to the ODBII that can pull power...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts