Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy at work had this built for autocross in 2010. He has since gotten into Karting and offered to sell it to me. It needs new tires but has no issues other than that. It has a Cologne 2.8 V6 in it 4 speed trans and a 9" rear end. It weighs 1690 lbs. He is selling it to me for $1500. I'm not into autocross but was told if I finished the cage I could make it legal for road course. It's not pretty and the motor can be swapped easily. He's going to give me the full build list. Other than that I have no more info. You racing guys tell me what you think. Thanks

1428430090443.jpg
1428430089998.jpg

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will. It is ugly as hell though. It looks like a dragster and dirt track car mixed together.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
If it is set up for autocross already, it would be awesome. Get it, and we will split the cost of buying and building it up. :big smile:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I am 49 and still not mature enough to own that.. Could see me firing that thing up for a rat run around the neighborhood @ 2 am.
I'm 61 and know I'd fire that thing up for a rat run around the neighborhood @ 2 am ... and my LEO neighbor would come out and want a turn!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Only problem I see is getting it to the track, we will need a trailer. Pretty sure the XC-60 could tow it, being under 2000lbs.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If it is set up for autocross already, it would be awesome. Get it, and we will split the cost of buying and building it up. :big smile:
It's already done Dust. Just needs tires. Car runs fine and has no problems at all. Guy had it built in Indiana and used it one season then got into karts

1 - 20 of 52 Posts