Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I recently picked up a new 2016 st3 in kirkland wa. I purchased an adam tune and couldn't install it. I was told by him its because I have a california verison. I cant find any info on what that entails or means. Have you guys heard anything about a cali model?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Using an accessport? Cobb sells a carb legal AP. You can use cobb OTS maps but not custom tunes

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, a lot of us here have been tuned and beyond. Did he say he would send another file?
Using an accessport? Cobb sells a carb legal AP. You can use cobb OTS maps but not custom tunes
Im running a regular Cobb ap and he did send me a protune correction and it worked. But no I didn't want to irritate him further by asking. I have a 50s-a model not sure if that means anything.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Im running a regular Cobb ap and he did send me a protune correction and it worked. But no I didn't want to irritate him further by asking. I have a 50s-a model not sure if that means anything.
All that means is the cat is California approved. There is 50 state and the -a must be the California cat

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's odd. I have a 50-state emissions car, but had no problem with a standard AP.
I had no issues with my ap either until I tried to load my protune the first time. Im still pretty curious tho my protune is finished so ill reach back out and ask since no one seems to know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts