Ford Focus ST Forum banner
321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
I cant imagine how silly 700hp on a front wheel drive car already is. This becomes one of those instances where you can, but should you?
It’s silly fun. Even with 235/35/19 MPSS tires it hooks in the warm in 3rd and almost always hooks in 4th. Torque steer is really not an issue either. I don’t do pulls on poorly maintained roads either though.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
Guys just wanted to let you know I’m going to Ford Nationals in Carlise. I hope to see some old friends and make some new ones!

Reactions: Skykri

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Got 3rd place in my group at Ford Nationals somehow lol. Anyway I’ve been having issues with my wastegate line melting off from the inside out on the turbo nipple. I’ve been looking at ways to try and replace it with something that can withstand the heat and the pressure. Also went back to oem coil packs and changed the plugs.

Other than that the cars running great! It was really nice to be able to see everyone again up there.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts
Congrats!

Ive seen The use of 1/4 inch copper line with compression fittings at either end (compression on the line side, NPT thread on the port side) for boost source and wastegate lines in the past. Easy to bend and make look nice (use A brake bending die) and wont melt like plastic or rubber.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
Congrats!

Ive seen The use of 1/4 inch copper line with compression fittings at either end (compression on the line side, NPT thread on the port side) for boost source and wastegate lines in the past. Easy to bend and make look nice (use A brake bending die) and wont melt like plastic or rubber.
Thank you! I saw that. Seems like that will be a last resort because I will have to redo everything. I ordered some thicker line. I noticed the line from autozone is a thin wall.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
I’ve been trying a different higher quality line for my turbo to wastegate boost source.You can see the difference in wall size. Hopefully these are enough to stop the ripping issue I’ve been having. They have been good the last few hot days.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
So an update is due!

The wastegate line is knock on wood holding just fine! Next month I have an appointment to see about getting a fender dump put in on the passenger side. Flipping the turbo will help with this. From my measurements there is plenty of room for a 3.5 in pipe to go threw behind the where the windshield wiper motor lives for now.

Another great thing is then the intake won’t be forced to cross over the hot engine. Plus virtually no back pressure. While I’m
Up there I’m going to see about getting the charge pipes redone with the V-band style clamps.

I’m also planning on gutting the car. Pull everything out of it that I don’t want. Yes this will mean the wood floor will go but I promise it will all look just as good when I’m done with it. I feel I could rip about 500-800 pounds out of the car if I really tried. I know others have gotten there weights down to 2600. Im not trying to get that light but we will see. I have a copy of the electric diagram for the car so it should be easier now to trace everything I don’t need.

You might ask why am I doing this. I’m still shooting for over 1000. I know it’s possible and can be done. I’m trying to set the ground work and do it right.

I really want the TB Performance crash bars too lol.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Sorry about the lack of posting! I’ve had a crazy past few months. Just had my appendix out a few weeks ago. So I’m still very hard at work researching about a reasonably priced AWD swap. I about 75% sure that an s550 diff will work in an RS subframe meaning that the car would be permanent AWD. I’m also fairly certain that the RS driveshaft and rear axles will bolt in as well. The only thing I will have to do so far fabrication wise is remove the rear spare tire tub. Just think my car is still cheaper than a new RS even with this AWD convention.
Anyway I have decided to gut the interior out. Lighten the car back up. Also got a sponsorship with Braum Racing so the racing seats will be shipping around the end of next month. I have also developed a slight boost leak and will be modifying the charge pipes slightly to stop and contact with the couplers.

Reactions: TurboGT
321 - 329 of 329 Posts