Ford Focus ST Forum banner
301 - 320 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
656 Posts
Thank you! I appreciate it!
With the precision turbski; do aftermarket stock location charge pipes work? How about intakes?

Also, I've found a CPe precision flange, assuming sp63 has one? Do you have any details on flange used.

I've been sold on a g25-660, but I love off the beaten path and have been drawn to precision for years.

Reactions: Caleb ST1

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
656 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
With the precision turbski; do aftermarket stock location charge pipes work? How about intakes?

Also, I've found a CPe precision flange, assuming sp63 has one? Do you have any details on flange used.

I've been sold on a g25-660, but I love off the beaten path and have been drawn to precision for years.
So the kit comes with a custom DP. As for charge pipes you will mostly likely have to cut the hot side you rotate it and move it to make it fit which is easy enough todo. Also you will need todo the same for the intake pipe. I personally love my precision turbo.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Love the trunk set-up... those wires that go into the wood(idk wtf that is) If you cant find/make anything to clean that up, i will make you something, if you give me the dimensions(maybe out of an extra piece of that TIG)??

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
@Caleb ST1 the size of the little rectangle you cut out of the TIG(tounge in groove, wood flooring) that the group of wires go through??
I will get that for you tomorrow! I also still have the same TIG that I used when I first made it.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST
38 Posts
So got a massive speed rear strut bar. Thing is thick. Install wasn’t bad but the air suspension being in the way made it a little tricky. The only major complaint I would have is that if you follow there instructions they said to use a 5/16 drill bit. If you do this the hex head bolts they supply will strip out. Even when I stepped it up to a 1/4in bit it was tight but much easier and didn’t strip the bolts out. I also went ahead and did not remove any trim to install the blocks. I carefully cut around. I actually like the look of the blocks sticking out of the carpet.

This is the end result
View attachment 390499

The bar stiffens the rear end, got rid of a lot of rattles, NVH is decreased, rear end feel is much better too. Bumps feel better and the air suspension likes it too. It’s priced nicely as well.

I need to go hit some corners hard to really test it but all in all it seems like a solid upgrade.
Hey man, did you use the bolts and fasteners they provided? My hex bolt is too short when I put it in the upper mount.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
Hey man, did you use the bolts and fasteners they provided? My hex bolt is too short when I put it in the upper mount.
I did but I know of others that has to go buy longer grade 8 bolts. I thought the hex head where for side mounts where you have to drill out the fender. My bolts where close though

and the width of a wire.... using metal would look best...... prob could find something plastic, like off a computer desk ?
a metal cap would look nice. I could paint that black. i will get the measurements soon I had a family funeral so dealing with all of that.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST
38 Posts
I did but I know of others that has to go buy longer grade 8 bolts. I thought the hex head where for side mounts where you have to drill out the fender. My bolts where close though

a metal cap would look nice. I could paint that black. i will get the measurements soon I had a family funeral so dealing with all of that.
Partially thread or fully threaded?

·
Premium Member
377 Posts

sorry to hear that.... I found a guy doing powdercoating from his garage near by, for cheap. Test that out!?

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
Reactions: Thieske

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·

sorry to hear that.... I found a guy doing powdercoating from his garage near by, for cheap. Test that out!?
Thank you. I actually have a nice paint I can use with primer that should make it look nice. If all else fails my buddy can powder it for free.

Reactions: Joe R red14st2

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Ok guys so change of plans. I’m seriously considering going to a 2.5 build. And selling my 2.3 short block. The head would be fully ported. I would get a larger turbo though still debating on size. 6870? 6875? What AR? Remember the added displacement should cancel out any spool penalties if I keep the AR reasonable. I’m almost crossing into unknown territory. So maybe someone who know more about turbos could chime in here. 9180 might be too big but I’ve looked into it and everything in between. It also has to be a PTE turbo as that’s what I’m set up for.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts
But, why?

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
But, why?
More power. I want to spin3rd and 4th all the time lol. All I have to do is upgrade though is upgrade the rubber and size and get traction again lol

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts
I cant imagine how silly 700hp on a front wheel drive car already is. This becomes one of those instances where you can, but should you?

301 - 320 of 329 Posts