Ford Focus ST Forum banner
281 - 300 of 329 Posts

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
I suppose that would be a good idea. I will say my upgraded brakes now stopmuch better than my buddy’s RS but even that won’t be enough. They really do need it.If you can believe it the covers where the first mod I did.
Yeah, I do kinda remember them being your cherry popper, and everybody else's vomit inducer. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Yeah, I do kinda remember them being your cherry popper, and everybody else's vomit inducer. Lol
Lol don’t worry they all be on the for sale section sooner or later lol. Maybe you would buy one to hang on the garage

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
All right guys the dyno tuning was a huge success. Nishan and speedperf6rmanc3 really know there ****. The car is an absolute animal. It eats up the road like there’s no tomorrow.

Here’s a video of the final 93 dyno pull

Here is a video of the Ethanol tune

and here is what everyone really wants to see

Ask me anything you wanna know and I will try and answer your questions.
That final number was at 39psi and that’s how it is on the street. It’s a ****ing animal. It scares the crap out of me and I love it. The power is smooth as butter.

Should have been oem this way lmfao

Am I going to go for more power? yes I will. Will it be this year? Unless I hit the lottery or something then no maybe next year. What would I change nothing.

If I wanted more power then change the head and go 2.5 with a bigger turbo and higher compression.

Next up I’m going to enjoy the car for a while and do some interior stripping and such. I wanna thank you all for your support. I will still keep everyone updated with the interior stuff. I will definitely have questions about that in the future.

Reactions: junits15 and W4R

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
All right guys the dyno tuning was a huge success. Nishan and speedperf6rmanc3 really know there ****. The car is an absolute animal. It eats up the road like there’s no tomorrow.

Here’s a video of the final 93 dyno pull

Here is a video of the Ethanol tune

and here is what everyone really wants to see

View attachment 389021

Ask me anything you wanna know and I will try and answer your questions.
That final number was at 39psi and that’s how it is on the street. It’s a ****ing animal. It scares the crap out of me and I love it. The power is smooth as butter.

Should have been oem this way lmfao

Am I going to go for more power? yes I will. Will it be this year? Unless I hit the lottery or something then no maybe next year. What would I change nothing.

If I wanted more power then change the head and go 2.5 with a bigger turbo and higher compression.

Next up I’m going to enjoy the car for a while and do some interior stripping and such. I wanna thank you all for your support. I will still keep everyone updated with the interior stuff. I will definitely have questions about that in the future.

That's kinda disappointing man. You have a really wild setup, 2.4, 8 port injection, E70, 4" exhaust, and all this other stuff.

Sam Christies 2.3 build put down 630whp(maybe more I forget) on a 2.3l. 4 port injection, E50 iirc, 3" exhaust. In fact there are quite a few speed builds like Sam's all low 650 whp-ish without all the extra stuff.

I'm not seeing the performance to dollar for your build on this one. I'm disappointed. For the time your car was down, and all the upselling they did, the "too much backpressure", Fricking 8 port injection, swirl tank, LPFPs, on the 2.4l.

What happened? You dropped an extra 5 grand for 30 whp? That makes me a saaaadddd panda.

It's not like you have headroom for that much more power, unless that block got sleeved or something.

What I am missing here?

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
That's kinda disappointing man. You have a really wild setup, 2.4, 8 port injection, E70, 4" exhaust, and all this other stuff.

Sam Christies 2.3 build put down 630whp(maybe more I forget) on a 2.3l. 4 port injection, E50 iirc, 3" exhaust. In fact there are quite a few speed builds like Sam's all low 650 whp-ish without all the extra stuff.

I'm not seeing the performance to dollar for your build on this one. I'm disappointed. For the time your car was down, and all the upselling they did, the "too much backpressure", Fricking 8 port injection, swirl tank, LPFPs, on the 2.4l.

What happened? You dropped an extra 5 grand for 30 whp? That makes me a saaaadddd panda.

It's not like you have headroom for that much more power, unless that block got sleeved or something.

What I am missing here?
The exhaust is actually a 3.5 in not a 4.0 in. So the big thing I don’t have is head work and their pistons and rods for the compression ratio. The exhaust in total netted me and additional 115whp. I definitely have the fuel for more power. The big killer is still back pressure that is inside of the head. After talking with Nishan and Pablo the engine is actually still a 2.3. I thought when you bumped up to a 89mm piston then that would bump up the displacement enough for 2.4 but it’s not. I need to change that in my Sig. On to the Ethanol blends. With the EcoBoost heads there is already a lot of backpressure. The higher the Ethanol number the more fuel you need to inject. Which creates a thicker exhaust. So more back pressure.We feel that the E-65/70 blend is perfect for the power I made. I wouldn’t have to sleeve the block unless I was pushing a lot more power.

In the end it’s the back pressure that’s still the killer. I am very very happy with the numbers I made and the car feels fantastic.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Pretty much if I get head work then I will make more power. How much is up to how much head work I get done. They did warn me if I did I would loose a good bit of low down torque. I’m just so happy with what I have now that I don’t feel it’s necessary yet. If the motor comes back out again it will be a 2.5 sleeved block with a proper head setup.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
Pretty much if I get head work then I will make more power. How much is up to how much head work I get done. They did warn me if I did I would loose a good bit of low down torque. I’m just so happy with what I have now that I don’t feel it’s necessary yet. If the motor comes back out again it will be a 2.5 sleeved block with a proper head setup.

You don't have any head/valve work done? Why did you cut that corner?

This is finally starting to make more sense.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
You don't have any head/valve work done? Why did you cut that corner?

This is finally starting to make more sense.
None at all. It’s oem valves and no porting. To be honest I don’t know why I didn’t do it. I just didn’t think about it. But it does leave it on the table. I could always get it ported and re dynod. I guess just never thought it would need to be done. I wouldn’t call it cutting a corner it was a corner that I never thought I’d need to take.

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
None at all. It’s oem valves and no porting. To be honest I don’t know why I didn’t do it. I just didn’t think about it. But it does leave it on the table. I could always get it ported and re dynod. I guess just never thought it would need to be done. I wouldn’t call it cutting a corner it was a corner that I never thought I’d need to take.
Well now you know.

Any build over 500whp should have headwork, at least pocket porting.

Need that flow man.

Headifold design is limiting, gotta get that flow wherever we can.

Still weird that you needed 8 injector aux. People have met those blends and hp levels on 1000ccx4.

Good to hear she is running and finalized. It's been a long ride.

Reactions: Caleb ST1

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
Well now you know.

Any build over 500whp should have headwork, at least pocket porting.

Need that flow man.

Headifold design is limiting, gotta get that flow wherever we can.

Still weird that you needed 8 injector aux. People have met those blends and hp levels on 1000ccx4.

Good to hear she is running and finalized. It's been a long ride.
I didn’t need it. It was a great deal over the 4 port and it does really help with fuel distribution. Since each injector sprays directly down each runner instead of it spraying down one or the other or hitting the split.

It has been a long ride. Some bad but mostly good. Hopefully she continues to be good knock on wood. I did a compression test and everything was at 152. Changed the oil since it was just used for a dyno run and it looked good as well.

I agree with the flow but I’m pretty happy with the stock head flowing that much. I’m sure with a port and intake valve job it would definitely be a good for 725-750 maybe more.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts
That thing has to be an animal to drive. Nice numbers!

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
That thing has to be an animal to drive. Nice numbers!
Yea it is. It’s nuts man. Definitely fast. It’s scary to go over 6000. I can’t imagine it at 8000 rpm

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts
Yea it is. It’s nuts man. Definitely fast. It’s scary to go over 6000. I can’t imagine it at 8000 rpm
Let er rip, tater chip!!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I’d love to know it’s 1/4 mile and 0-60 & 0-100 times.

This is an awesome build.

Reactions: Caleb ST1

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
I’d love to know it’s 1/4 mile and 0-60 & 0-100 times.

This is an awesome build.
I would love to know too! I just got to stop being scared and take her to 8000 rpm lol

Reactions: beretta96

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
So got a massive speed rear strut bar. Thing is thick. Install wasn’t bad but the air suspension being in the way made it a little tricky. The only major complaint I would have is that if you follow there instructions they said to use a 5/16 drill bit. If you do this the hex head bolts they supply will strip out. Even when I stepped it up to a 1/4in bit it was tight but much easier and didn’t strip the bolts out. I also went ahead and did not remove any trim to install the blocks. I carefully cut around. I actually like the look of the blocks sticking out of the carpet.

This is the end result

The bar stiffens the rear end, got rid of a lot of rattles, NVH is decreased, rear end feel is much better too. Bumps feel better and the air suspension likes it too. It’s priced nicely as well.

I need to go hit some corners hard to really test it but all in all it seems like a solid upgrade.

Reactions: junits15 and StanE

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
So I figured out that an RS swap is doable with minimum cutting and welding. The only modification I would need to make would be to cut out and replace the rear tire housing with the RS one. Everything else will bolt in. I would need to unfortunately modify the nice beanfab exhaust which I might have to pay him to redo. The only other modification I would have to make would be to shim the front subframe about a 1/4 of an inch for clearance. The RS subframe does hang down a tad bit more. Just need to find a wrecked RS

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
281 - 300 of 329 Posts