Ford Focus ST Forum banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
I got a few things in the past week. I am so excited that this is coming together. Also just ordered the turbo kit. So hopefully that will be on the way soon to on about 2-3 weeks for Speed3Performance. It is a PTE 6062.

Here is the ARP Main bolts and cam bolts.

Also ARP 625+ Head studs. This will really keep everything tight hopefully lol.

Got a Supertech head Gasket. Was one of the only ones that I could find that actually says it is good for 32 lbs+ of boost.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Here is the Radium Engineering Breather Plate. I will say that the quality of this piece is absolutely amazing. I really think now that after seeing the OEM one that it would have been leaking boost everywhere. Only a little bit of assembly required. It was fun to put something together for once for the car. Also came with a really sweet sticker.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Got the Damond Big Throttle Body kit in as well. I was surprised they where able to fit everything inside of the box. But non the less it all came in nicely protected. Best part is I found a little note on the top of the box that just shows how much they care about there customers and the products they have. I will have to purchase longer bolts because of the Boomba throttle body spacer.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
OK guys so here are a few updates. Dropped the motor and head off at the machine shop last week so while that is being worked on I am tearing down the trans to upgrade the syncros and install my Mfactory LSD. I am just waiting on a those reverse thread bolts to come in and I will be able to tear down the gear sets and put them back together in one day to limit confusion lol. Everything motor wise has arrived except for a custom second oil chain guide from speed performance. Also speaking of them they are in the process of cleaning my injectors and building the 6062 turbo kit. My plan was to have this motor in by August. It seems to be that the end of this month or mid June is now very realistic. The only true things I really need to do after getting the motor back into the car is 0 out my Split second controller, update the accessport, and order a new tune with Alex from Stratified. After the motor is broken in I will be installing the Radium fuel kit and Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump. The fuel level sensor went bad before the head cracked so that will be replaced as well. I will have more pictures and such for everyone soon!

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
So I decided to take the motor out of the shop it was in. Over 2 months and still no ETA when it was going to be started or finished. I picked it up and I took it up to the guys at Speed Performance to build. I was there for a few hours talking to them about the build and there where a few things that I decided to change. We changed the head from a 2.0 head to a 2.3 head and I am removing the WMI system from the car. The fuel pump will be a Walboro 525 instead of a 450. Fuel instead of an E50 mix will be an E85 mix. I was told 2-3 weeks to get the motor done and they will mount and block off any holes for the turbo kit. I would usually do this myself but since its all there I figured just to let them. We discussed a few other things that I will be replacing as well that will be brought up in the next post. I got to talk to Nishan as well and he will be handling my cars tuning from here on out on a dyno of course. I am still predicting the end of July to have the car back together and working as long as everything works out. I also got the trans back together and sealed. Hopefully, everything is put together right.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
I have a few pictures of the bottom end from SpeedPerformance. I also have a picture of the PTE 6062 GEN 2 turbo. So far it has taken them less than a week to get the bottom end together. The 2.3 head is also almost done! I am being told this week or next week at the most and it will be ready for me to pick up and put into the car. I am super excited and I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Little update here. I want to start bt saying SpeedPerformance has been great to work with. My motor is still not done and we have been just waiting on the 1/2inch head stud nuts and washers and then it will be finished and ready to pick up. I hate all of this waiting lol. the end of car season is right around the corner now. I will hopefully update you guys with some pictures of the motor done and ready to get in the car. Also, I hope the trans will hold together. I tried to be as precise as I could be when I put everything back together. I am hoping to see 700+ WHP or so still. Sidenote, the RS drivetrain swap is seeming more a reality than a dream. I will let everyone know more about that soon.

241 - 247 of 247 Posts