Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The $3k Ford incentive has landed, so I've decided it's time to shop for & buy one. Read through what to buy/do for national-level GS competition and there weren't any surprises even though it's been 15 years since I was last active in autox. Well, except for Stock category being renamed Street and the treadwear 200 limitation.

So the questions that I haven't seen asked:

1) Can a set of tires fit inside the car? I live on the Oregon coast, so it's like 3 hours to Bremerton and Packwood and 1.5 hours to PIR, which means mileage adds up quickly if I keep the race rubber on.

2) What's the minimum amount of fuel to put in? Are there fuel pickup problems?

3) What color is most popular?

·
Registered
27 Posts
1) Rear seats down, yes. Haven't tried with them up but I'm guessing there wouldn't be enough room.

2) Do research on this. I've read about gas tanks collapsing when racing due to too little fuel. I run at least 1/4+ tank.

3) Personal preference. I love white but it shows black cone marks like crazy. And I'm cone hungry.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
1) I have a ST1 and fit 4 tires and a small tote in the back seat without folding them down. Tires fit in standing up and then the tote helps keep everything squeezed in. If you have the Recaros I'm not sure you can do this as most I've seen with Recaros pull up the seat bottom, fold down the seat back then stake 2 tires on each side. I also pullout all the trunk junk for more space for other stuff when I have the race tires with me.

2) Never heard of the fuel tank collapsing. I try and run with between 1/4-1/2. Have ran the car with maybe a gal. in the tank and never had issues. Have heard others with issues around 1/8th of a tank.

3) Which ever one is cheapest?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3) Which ever one is cheapest?

Heh, yeah, that was where I was headed, but then the dealer had a stripper model tarted out with the red metallic & rims, exactly like I would choose if my bank account were bottomless. So we struck a deal and I've updated my avatar and the bank account is empty. My wife says my midlife crisis has officially been fulfilled.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way, I must thank everyone for their contributions to this thread!

·
Registered
48 Posts
The $3k Ford incentive has landed, so I've decided it's time to shop for & buy one. Read through what to buy/do for national-level GS competition and there weren't any surprises even though it's been 15 years since I was last active in autox.
You might want to buy a '13 if it's for national competition so it's easiest/cheapest to get Konis. Otherwise you will need something custom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts