Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just registered, in the process of finalizing the sale, wanted to make sure I'm getting a good deal. It's a ST1 only options are tires and 18 mach wheels. Total is 26,175

The price I got down to is 21799... what you guys think? Wanna know asap what you guys think thanks a lot in advance

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds good, but I'd spring for the ST2 it has a lot of upgrades. Otherwise I'd buy a used ST1 they depreciate quite a bit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
mid 19's is the lowest I've seen (and got), not often though so keep your eyes open. Also register for a brochure from Ford, they are sending out 700$ customer cash vouchers with them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Give truecar a shot. Depending on your location. and you can haggle them down a bit because you'll get multiple dealers calling you with that guaranteed price.

5-22-2017 3-51-49 PM.png

·
Registered
57 Posts
TrueCar gets a 700$ kickback from dealer if you go through there, take the truecar price and take off 700$, that'll be a good deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gotcha, yea I ordered the brochure hopeing that there would be that 5-750 cash deal waiting for it in the mail now. Will do the truecar and see what prices they come up with

·
Registered
13 Posts
I accidentally submitted my info to Edmunds and had 3 local dealers quoting me ST1 for $20,700. That was the last couple days of April and they all were willing to slash prices to meet whatever monthly quota they needed to make. I think the rebates are the same for May so you should be able to get the same deals.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I accidentally submitted my info to Edmunds and had 3 local dealers quoting me ST1 for $20,700. That was the last couple days of April and they all were willing to slash prices to meet whatever monthly quota they needed to make. I think the rebates are the same for May so you should be able to get the same deals.
Tell you what, you ask for a price quote or fill in something on Edmunds or a similar site and it opens the gate to hell for your phone and email from all of them within 50 miles.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Tell you what, you ask for a price quote or fill in something on Edmunds or a similar site and it opens the gate to hell for your phone and email from all of them within 50 miles.
True dat! I just want to know how much the car costs, now FO!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a true car certificate for ST1 20,566 after dealer fees and such.... but it's in Magentic Metallic so now I'm torn. Waiting till the last day of the month and use it as a bargaining chip

·
Registered
530 Posts
For an ST1, that'll do. I got my 2017 ST2 with snowflakes and F1's OTD on the Ford D plan for $25k and change after $2500 in factory rebates. Personally, I recommend at least an ST2, but I understand not everyone makes enough to afford that. Otherwise, as long as it's new, that's a good price. Focus Titaniums go for more than that so I'd take it. Use the true car certificate as more negotiation. Worst case they say no and you take the lowest they've offered so far. Take a gander at number of miles too. For example, mine had 45 miles on it which meant it was test driven a bunch, which means it sat for a bit most likely or possibly transported from another dealer. Regardless, it's a bargaining point

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
For an ST1, that'll do. I got my 2017 ST2 with snowflakes and F1's OTD on the Ford D plan for $25k and change after $2500 in factory rebates. Personally, I recommend at least an ST2, but I understand not everyone makes enough to afford that. Otherwise, as long as it's new, that's a good price. Focus Titaniums go for more than that so I'd take it. Use the true car certificate as more negotiation. Worst case they say no and you take the lowest they've offered so far. Take a gander at number of miles too. For example, mine had 45 miles on it which meant it was test driven a bunch, which means it sat for a bit most likely or possibly transported from another dealer. Regardless, it's a bargaining point
If he can get an ST1 for 20566 vs an ST2 for 25000 that isn't worth it at ALL for the ST2. Now if OP found one for like 22500 then that's decent.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bought my 2016 ST1 in February of this year. Came with the Eagle F1s and the upgraded wheels. Just under $20 before TTL, was $22,XXX out the door.

Love my ST1. It's simple and less to go wrong. Much cheaper than the ST2/3 and I honestly do not prefer the extra bells and whistles for what you have to pay. Sun roof was a big no for me too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got my 2016 ST1 for $21k. The only option is the sunroof, so I think you are in line with a decent deal. If you wait a little longer, you'll obviously do better. I got mine in August of 2016.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got my 2016 ST1 OTD for 20,800 from Sheehy Ford in Warrenton, VA. Nine hundred of that was taxes, and 700 was the dealer processing fee, then some for the title fee. That was only for the ST1 though, there was no way I could get an ST2 for anything close to that. If I was going to spend the ST2 money, I was going to get a 2017 GTI with the performance pack. However, I am very happy so far with my ST1.

20,566 OTD is about as good as you are going to get I think. Good luck -

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 2016 Black Focus ST3 for 29.9K OTD. Got the car at 26.4K exluding taxes,title & license. 0%APR for 72 months with 7K down. Ended up being $318 a month for car payments.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts