Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2017 ST3 to the track on Saturday and burned the paint off my brake calipers! Everything is stock except I have Hawk HP Plus pads, Motul brake fluid, and a cp-e RMM. The track (Eagles Canyon in Decatur, Texas) is known to be hard on brakes. I guess they weren't kidding.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Took my 2017 ST3 to the track on Saturday and burned the paint off my brake calipers! Everything is stock except I have Hawk HP Plus pads, Motul brake fluid, and a cp-e RMM. The track (Eagles Canyon in Decatur, Texas) is known to be hard on brakes. I guess they weren't kidding.
Well damn. I guess someone didn't use high enough temp caliper paint :lol: that's intense. Time for a fresh respray!

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Time for some Wilwoods. Give Todd at TCE a call.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
What paint was used on the calipers? I know you could get the calipers painted red from the factory but not sure if you had that or did the painting later

·
Registered
197 Posts
The factory red is actually a powder coating. I'm sorry to see that happen to you, but at least you know you gave it hell!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Almost assuredly the piston dust boots on the interior side have burned away as well.

You may want to check you wheel speed sensors and wiring too for heat damage.

All the best,
Mark

Reactions: chronos

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
dang and people liked to call the Brembos on the STI Brownbos

this is even worse lol

·
Registered
651 Posts
That's impressive! I just painted my calipers with G2. I wonder how that will hold up? Next track day is Jan 13

·
Registered
172 Posts
Jesus make sure all 75 of your balancing weights aren’t heat damaged as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
679 Posts
That's.....actually impressive. The stock powder coat is rated above 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. You sir were hauling some serious A$$!

Hope you got some sick lap times!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Back in the evo world, the red brembos would get brown/black if tracked hard. We called them "Brownbos". lol

·
Registered
3,301 Posts

warranty replacement time!!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts