Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
Okay started thinking about this again (always a bad sign) but what about a belt driven vacuum pump. I can't imagine the you still have AC? I bet you could fab up a bracket to mount it in place of the factory AC compressor. They can easily pull 29"!

LoL you could pull from your crankcase, run your brakes and vacuum your interior at same time 馃ぃ

Have a great weekend!

J

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
Lmao!! Actually I even thought of an electric pump as well. And yes I do have AC and full leather interior still lol. I鈥檓 not much of a strip your 30k car kind of person.

Registered
@adavis
I know I鈥檓 illiterate but I鈥檓 mechanically inclined enough to know that my oil level isn鈥檛 above the full mark. At the begging I did over fill it once. But I took out the extra any other suggestions?
The difference between the full mark and the add mark is enough to stop it from coming out the breather. Run it at the add mark. Its a 6 plus qt oil pan. Running a half qt lower will work and do no harm.

Registered
@Spool_Bus Thank you for passing that Stratified article along! I know companies are trying to sell their products, which is probably why I've been getting the green light from them every time I ask questions. I know I didn't need a VTA catch can for my stock motor, but I liked the idea of keeping everything out of the intake tract. A lot of the downsides mentioned in the article are avoided by venting to atmosphere, and it sounds like the only added downsides are the smell and lack of vacuum (which I knew about). The interesting part which I never found in my research is the fact that they found no difference in buildup on the intake valves with or without a catch can, and this surprises me. I still don't like the idea of oil being burned, but at least the carbon buildup issue is actually not an issue? It's hard to know what to do now since I've now read great points on both sides (there are a few threads dedicated to catch cans after all). Do you have any personal advice for me? Might the radium plate still be useful since it has a second baffle? I appreciate all the help!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts