Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, couple quick questions -

My current stock block I retired as it was showing lower compression in cylinder 1 and 2.

My goals are 500whp on pump gas (no accessible e85 up here in my part of canada). This is a weekend street car that will see the drag strip on Friday nights. No road course, or autox, etc.

Would a plain Jane stage 2 block build be the best route? Will there be a need to upgrade the cams? What is the process if I want to send in my block for a build? What If i opt to a new block and send mine in for core charge? Is that possible even though I know the rings are damaged or will a core charge be pro-rated at that point?

I want to run a speed performance Precision turbo kit. I am currently looking through the 5858, 5862, 6062 and 6262. For my goals, what kind of power band am I looking at with each turbo and which one do you think is going to be suited to the focus application (with cams, without cams, porting, what is the 2.0 liter capable of safely revving to, etc)?

Also, on pricing on the PT kits, why is the 6062 much more in cost than all the other PT kits you offer? When I click the upgrade options for ball bearing and gen 2 it doesnt increase the price on the checkout. Id like to figure out correct pricing on the turbo setup before I order.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. Not sure if my emails are getting through to you guys.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Why not go for racing fuel, look at AFD fuels in Sherwood Park for the octane of your choice. Some one like Alex at Stratified could then tune your ride to your desired horse power. Fuels expensive but. They also have methanol and blends available. The Methanol is available at Castrol Race way i believe but you need to check as I don't participate on that side of the track.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will maybe for dyno day or a street legals night but i want to stick to pump gas for the most part. I have full access to any sort of fuel realistically ( I work for imperial oil in edmonton and deal with AFD daily)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts