Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had the honor of dipping btd71's rims gloss black and it turned out amazing. Here are some pictures of the process and the end result.
Here are two before pictures.
NotPaintsingle.jpg
Notpaintedboth.jpg
I cleaned up the rims then started spraying. The weather was perfect today for this project.
Secondcoat.jpg
secondcoat2.jpg
I finished up the last coat and then checked for any light spots before laying on the gloss. This is when i was checking the gloss for overall smoothness.
Drying.jpg
All finished! here are a few last pictures I took in the next post.

Attachments

·
Registered
915 Posts
thanks stdan!! and thanks again Mark, you can believe i will be doing my best to send folks your way!!!

·
Registered
915 Posts
it just peeled off the tires.. actually i had tire shine on the tires before i took it to him and he says its easier to peel excess of if you use tire shine prior to coating

·
Super Moderator
7,928 Posts
Looks nice!!! And will hide the brake dust!

·
Super Moderator
7,928 Posts
i sure hope so fred! not everyone can throw 4 grand at brembo for upgraded brakes!! lol but i can dream about it!!
Hopefully some pads will be developed that work well without the dust...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Wheels look good.

How many coats of gloss did you spray on? I like how they dont look super glossy yet aren't totally flat looking either.

Reactions: yellowfocusstman

·
Registered
92 Posts
i also love the look of this, I was wondering where a few of you got the black wheels, fainted, how it was done etc..

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wanna do this to avoid the break dust as well (it's driving me crazy!!!) but I haven't seen many pictures of it on the tangerine scream, anyone seen it??

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
So you did the back and front? Is that important when plastidipping as opposed to normal spray paint? We don't have plastidip here in Aus, I learnt about it on this site and it looks great! Just not too well educated in how to apply it .

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wanna do this to avoid the break dust as well (it's driving me crazy!!!) but I haven't seen many pictures of it on the tangerine scream, anyone seen it??
i'd go with a different color but if you email me a great side view pic of your car I can photoshop the rims black to give you an idea. actually black may work really well, but I don't know how "orange" the tangerine scream is, could scream halloween

1 - 20 of 21 Posts