Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Just want to clarify that I initiated the test done by JustSpeed7 yesterday in order to confirm any gains from a more proper test as requested. It turns out that I made the mistake of comparing dyno results between factory plugs with 15k and an unverified gap to a new set of Brisk Silver plugs one heat range colder that were pre-gapped at .032" from the factory. My apologies for the inaccurate results and I'm glad we were able to run this test and that things have been clarified.

The only reason I was so sure that the original results were legitimate is because my friend who own's the shop/dyno I use for testing has a 2011 F150 Ecoboost and also had great results from using the Brisk plugs so I didn't have any doubts. They also ran them on a 7-sec twin turbo Coyote powered Mustang with impressive results.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Just want to clarify that I initiated the test done by JustSpeed7 yesterday in order to confirm any gains from a more proper test as requested. It turns out that I made the mistake of comparing dyno results between factory plugs with 15k and an unverified gap to a new set of Brisk Silver plugs one heat range colder that were pre-gapped at .032" from the factory. My apologies for the inaccurate results and I'm glad we were able to run this test and that things have been clarified.

The only reason I was so sure that the original results were legitimate is because my friend who own's the shop/dyno I use for testing has a 2011 F150 Ecoboost and also had great results from using the Brisk plugs so I didn't have any doubts. They also ran them on a 7-sec twin turbo Coyote powered Mustang with impressive results.
You might want to edit the first post with this information.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Just because there wasn't an increase in power does not mean these plugs are not good. For someone, like me, who has 40k on my car, these plugs could be very useless. Other than power, which really isn't all that important, what advantages do these plugs give v.s. the motorcraft plugs?

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Looks to be a little more power through out the band. Not much though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
That kind of variation has been seen in back to back dyno runs.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Since no one else has pointed it out. There are what look like a respectable gain in torque and hp above 6k rpm. This MAY be normal variation. But it also may be important in the future. Our engine is not designed to make power in that range, and the gains as they sit are useless. Once I have a GTX2867 and crackpipe installed, I will revisit these plugs as the HP curve is still flat at 6k. If and when aftermarket camshafts come out, that too may be a reason to swap plugs. I'm not a believer in power from plugs but there is a shred of evidence here. The direct injection may be a factor.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I saw .003 wear on my stock plugs in 13,500 miles so I think it might make a difference. please retest with brand new stock plugs.
Yeah he did that...did you not see his post

Ok so the results are in I took your guys advice to help see the exact gains on the plugs, so I bought a set of brand new Motorcraft plugs yesterday and this morning brang those along with the brisk plugs to do the pulls.

We changed to the new Motorcraft plugs gapped at .32, then did two pulls and then changed to the Brisk Racing plugs and did two more pulls and here was the outcome of the runs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What I have learned from all this is I need to change my plugs much more regularly. I think new plugs are in order for all my cars and motorcycles.
^^This. I just passed the 15k mark on my factory plugs, thinking it is high time I get them swapped.

·
Super Moderator
7,635 Posts
What about the brisk evo plug or lgs plug?

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
Wow, you really dug this one up, over three years since last post.

PM the vendor next time.

You are really set on these plugs, buy them and test them already.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts