Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys and gals,
Just curious to see if anyone here runs the Brembo Kit ( 1P5.7002A2)?

Would any one of you by chance know what pads the kit takes?

Edit: I bought the kit from Steeda awhile back and they haven't been able to get a part # for the pads. Tried RallyDirect, and they told me that Brembo would get in touch (never happened).

Thanks!!

Roman

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Call brembo get the pad shape then look up to your hearts content for hawk, brembo, ferodo pads. All you need is the pad shape to accomplish what youre after.

I'm sure a manual or technical guide from brembo also call out the pad shape too.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
That's sort of annoying you shell out that much money for brakes and then have to track down pads. Feel like they should provide the pad shape or specs on which pads you can use right off the bat.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
That's sort of annoying you shell out that much money for brakes and then have to track down pads. Feel like they should provide the pad shape or specs on which pads you can use right off the bat.
The assumption is that if you spent $2500+ on a BBK, you know what you're getting your self into... Pads and rotors are just a bit more difficult to come by, 'cause racecar. :p All special ordered and overnighted from japan.

That said, I did your homework for you. The 4 piston GT kits use either one of these brembo pads.
110mm Pad - 07.B314.03
132mm pad - 07.B314.30

But which?

B314 is the pad shape you're after IIRC, there is a lot of cross reference mentions of that pad shape to other brand pads e.g. ferodo
Federal Mogul - Racing & Motorcycle Division Online Catalogue

Which than states the pad backplate size of the Ferodo to be 131.8mm... ergo 132mm pad most likely.

Have fun, there are now about 3-5 companies to choose from, and close to 10 pad choices available to you.

·
Registered
321 Posts
So, what your saying is that there is another way to look them up, other than looking up pads for the RS?
That is good to know... If I find cross reference part numbers, I will be sure to post.
Unfortunately, I already shelled out the bucks for carbotech xp10s to help me with my next track outing...

CrashMW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts