Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok going to install the RS Brembos on my ST. Question i have is what about the bolts for the caliper.
. Do i use original ones or do they come with kit. Going to order from Rockauto so piecing parts together.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Where can I get the caliper paint for rear calipers in blue.
no one makes blue caliper paint that is that blue. You can try to get a custom paint made but not sure of anyone that does it with high temp paint. Best bet is just going with ford blue and having it close enough. Duplicolor makes an engine enamel thats good for up to 500.
see picutres here:
amazon has it for cheaper:

·
Registered
177 Posts
To my understanding, the caliper bolts holding it to the knuckle are not torque to yield so not really necessary to use new ones. Be sure to use red locktite on them as this is how they were from factory. Not sure how much more the blue calipers are from Rock auto but just get it from there. Be sure to get the brake pad pins and retaining brackets Part# BKCF26, you'll need two of these for the front.

Ive had my setup for a few months now and loving it. Wish i had gotten oem RS pads instead of the powerstops.

·
Premium Member
13,169 Posts
To my understanding, the caliper bolts holding it to the knuckle are not torque to yield so not really necessary to use new ones. Be sure to use red locktite on them as this is how they were from factory. Not sure how much more the blue calipers are from Rock auto but just get it from there. Be sure to get the brake pad pins and retaining brackets Part# BKCF26, you'll need two of these for the front.

Ive had my setup for a few months now and loving it. Wish i had gotten oem RS pads instead of the powerstops.
If I remember correctly when when I did mine. They are 90ft-lbs plus 90 degrees.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
132 Posts
no one makes blue caliper paint that is that blue. You can try to get a custom paint made but not sure of anyone that does it with high temp paint. Best bet is just going with ford blue and having it close enough. Duplicolor makes an engine enamel thats good for up to 500.
see picutres here:
amazon has it for cheaper:
The engine enamel works great but no color match for red or the rs blue.
IMG_0233.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The engine enamel works great but no color match for red or the rs blue.
The red on the premium wheels/painted calipers?

What red did you end up using? hows it holding up? I have a different set of brembo's i picked up last weekend for my other car and thinking of red for them but i want to try and see if any of them are close to Melbourne Red of the car and color match.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So i ordered the rear calipers for the RS which come painted blue. Believe the ST calipers are the same as the part numbers are the same. Can anyone verify this. That they bolt right up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The red on the premium wheels/painted calipers?

What red did you end up using? hows it holding up? I have a different set of brembo's i picked up last weekend for my other car and thinking of red for them but i want to try and see if any of them are close to Melbourne Red of the car and color match.
Yes, the duplicolor plan red is close but is a darker shade and the ford red is much more orange if color. Just went with the plain red and you really have to know what you are looking for to see it. When there’s brake dust on them you can’t tell at all. For hold up it’s done really well but I’ve not tracked them just autox. If I tracked them I’d probably just leave unpainted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Going to order the front Brembo kit next week. Also ordering the TSW Bathurst wheels.

·
Super Moderator
7,577 Posts
Installed the RS Calipers Rear with cross drilled rotors.

Rs rears? Thats a stock st rotor and caliper iirc. The frankenbrake is where the upgrade is. the RS uses a different hub to space out the caliper for a larger rotor. Still uses a ST caliper.

Forgive me, if I am misunderstanding your mod. Looking good regardless.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea relax yourself. I know the RS and ST rear calipers are the same. But the color and OEM is great for caliper.

·
Super Moderator
7,577 Posts
Yea relax yourself. I know the RS and ST rear calipers are the same. But the color and OEM is great for caliper.
Lmao, hell yes thats a sexy blue.

I was just confused. You installed a sexy blue caliper on drilled ST rotors. Now I am not confused.

I run RS rotors, with ST calipers, a different setup.

Don't you worry about me, I am plenty relaxed, chief.

·
Super Moderator
7,577 Posts
Was just sharing my glory of how preddy it Looked. Thanks
Something I hate about our caliper design, is that anti rattle spring. One false move and you scratch the sweet paint job. Ford dropped the ball a bit with painting over the "danger zone".

1 - 20 of 42 Posts