Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Focus ST 3. Prior to purchasing my Brembo brakes from the dealer I had asked what offset my wheels were. I have the double spoke black 18" wheels and I was told 55 offset the same as the snowflake. Upon doing more digging, I saw that one ST owner was using 5mm spacers to help clear the Brembos. Well after install the Brembos and H&R wheel spacers 5mm I went to install one of my wheel and it doesn't fit. As a matter of fact, the one caliper got scratched pretty bad along with the inside of my wheel from simply trying to center it on the hub. So clearly there is an issue here, either you need more then a 5mm spacer to clear these calipers or my offset isn't what I was told. I need to finish my car asap plus now fix that caliper on top of it.

Please HELP!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
You need more than a 5mm spacer for the premium wheels, and 5 for the snow flake. Threads on here covering that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok but I was told these wheels have the same offset, so that is why I ordered a 5mm spacer. FML great, so what do I need or can you help me figure out where to find the info I need please.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Uncharted territory.
Did you get 5mm spacers for all 4 wheels ?
You could double up the spacers to confirm that 10 is enough, and if you really want to keep those wheels, pick up wider spacers and new studs.
Or buy aftermarket rims, which is what I plan to do so that I don't have to run spacers at all.
I feel your pain though...
In the meantime, go back to your stock brakes for now so you have a car you can drive.

CrashMW

·
Registered
768 Posts
As mentioned, they have the same offset but the shape of the wheel is also a factor and a major consideration for clearing brakes. That sucks everything got scratched up though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I doubled them up and still wont clear. I found some touch up paint that I think will work, after it dries what grit sandpaper should I use to smooth it out without damaging the rest of the caliper? Idk what to do I like my stock wheels so now idk what to do. I know that I could go aftermarket wheels, I'm putting my stock brakes back on now in the rain FML. If anyone on here has used premium wheels and brembo brakes please tell me what you did.

·
Registered
152 Posts
yeah like others said the spoke clearance is different, the 18'' titanium 5 spoke wheels (my winter wheels) they have the same offset but the spoke clearance is different.
Getting longer studs is expensive and painful (you have to pull the hub and press in new bearings).
Another option is to get 20mm spacer that have their own studs and hub lip; this could be a temporary option until you get different wheels.
I have been searching and I can't find a single person with premium wheel and RS brakes.
I know how you feel; bought some Volvo wheels which didn't fit and had to sell them at a loss.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Did you get the blue calipers ?
If yes you can buy nitrous blue touch up paint, that will be the closest match to the caliper paint.
I don't think ford uses the same paint full of metal flakes on the calipers.
Also be careful in the future even if your wheels clear the brakes it is still pretty tight all around the caliper.

·
Registered
321 Posts
My calipers don't have a single scratch on them... But the blue is more more like turquoise in color from high track temperatures. So I imagine your scratches will look nice compared against my calipers (that are less than a month old).

CrashMW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can anyone suggest what sandpaper I should use to smooth and blend where I put some touch up paint I found something that looks good just want to make it less noticeable

·
Registered
484 Posts
I was running 20mm spacers with the premium wheels, but had to have the wheel studs cut to make them fit (otherwise the studs prevented the wheel from seating completely). The premium wheel offset is the same, but as has been stated spoke angle/shape matters. Incidentally im no longer using the 20mm spacers because i switched to aftermarket wheels, so if you are interested in them you can PM me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wanted to let everyone that the caliper hits in the middle of the wheel, so I don't think the premium wheels will work for this setup. FML

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sorry you had to learn the hard way. The Premium wheels are generally crap all around since they don't clear big brakes and don't clear 20mm spacers. The drum of those wheels is much smaller than Snowflakes, so there's really no realistic offset you can add that will give them sufficient clearance to RS Brembos. I'm talking 40, even 50mm spacers would just barely get you a couple millimeters of clearance.

tl;dr ditch Premium wheels

1 - 14 of 14 Posts