Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ryan, you can go to our store Home. The product store is the very top, right link. We just sent off another batch of quick shift arms to be anodized, so we should have the black back in stock by mid next week (10/23). Thank you for your interest in our product!

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
My shifter arm arrived in Australia today and was fitted to my car the moment I got home from work.

This arm is worth every damn cent. The feel is great and the weight reduction makes the shorter shifts feel natural and not like changing gears on a tractor like my add on plate did.

Straight up went to 40% normal position. Not sure what the 25mm forward position does, loc-tite'd the thing in before I thought to test it out.

Thanks for shipping it overseas for me!

I'll be recommending this over the other options I've tried.

·
Registered
208 Posts
A question for those with this plate installed. Does it really reduce the amount of effort required to shift? I have a competitors plate and while I love the reduction in throw, there is clearly more effort required, especially into first gear when the car is stopped. Does this also add a "clunk" to the gear changes? I know mine (and I have read others) has a fair audible noise when shifting into first through third gears that I believe is at least more pronounced because of the addition of the plate.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just installed this Saturday, the reduction is perfect. The 25mm forward is great, for me at least (25mm closer to the front of the car). However, the leverage issue is still evident. the stock shifter arm weighs 2 pounds at least, and all the weight is balanced and shifted to the outside. I believe that is what minimizes the shifting-effort feel. This shifter arm is very nice, looks good, shortens the throw considerably, feels notchy, I really like it. The install also seems easier than the strap-ons as well. just pop the old off and the new on, Bing-Bang-Boom! took me 30 min, and i haven't worked on a car in years and have never been the mechanic type.

But dont buy it thinking that a 1lb slightly weighted aluminum shifter arm is going to shorten the throw ~20-40% and still feel stock. 2 lbs of additional heavy metal strapped to the outer arms might help, but there may not be a way to shorten the throw ~40% and maintain a light feel.

Please note that I have not tried any other STS (for the ST or EVER), so take this with a grain of salt. It is good to read the above comments speaking to the reduction in force compared to other STS plates.

It does feel notchy, and is a bit louder, but not too audible in the cabin when driving. I love the notchy feel and i have a Flossy knob comming in soon that i hope will aid in the shift effort. However, the throw reduction is definitely worth the effort.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just received my Quick-Shift Arm yesterday in red. First of off the piece is absolutely beautiful. It's very well crafted. Here's a photo:

DSC_4125.jpg

The install was honestly a pain in the ass. The air box was stubborn but no where near as bad as the roll pin. I spent over an hour getting the roll pin out. Either I wasn't giving it enough force or mine was on extra tight. None the less, it was definitely worth it. I set mine to position 2. I like the notchy feel of the shifter, but I will say it is slightly harder to get into first gear as others have pointed out. Also getting into and out of reverse is slightly harder. Overall, I think it was worth it. The notchy feel may not be for everyone, but I definitely like it more. I seem to be more "connected" to the car. Lastly, customer service was great. I received quick responses. Excellent craftsmanship Breedt. Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Just received my Quick-Shift Arm yesterday in red. First of off the piece is absolutely beautiful. It's very well crafted. Here's a photo:

View attachment 39484

The install was honestly a pain in the ass. The air box was stubborn but no where near as bad as the roll pin. I spent over an hour getting the roll pin out. Either I wasn't giving it enough force or mine was on extra tight. None the less, it was definitely worth it. I set mine to position 2. I like the notchy feel of the shifter, but I will say it is slightly harder to get into first gear as others have pointed out. Also getting into and out of reverse is slightly harder. Overall, I think it was worth it. The notchy feel may not be for everyone, but I definitely like it more. I seem to be more "connected" to the car. Excellent craftsmanship. Keep up the great work.
Looks awesome, I have the same color.

The roll pin is easiest to get out with a C clamp, and just tighten slowly. This will also protect you from accidentally braking other pieces while Whipping a hammer around in there.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wish I knew that before doing the install. None the less it's a great piece. I'm very happy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Just wanted to say anybody on the fence about the Breedt short shift arm dont be. I just installed mine today at position 2 which is the 39% throw reduction with the 1in forward postion and this thing ROCKS!!!! GREAT job Breedt, and a great price for a great piece.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tried to install this today. Spent over two hours hammering on the roll pin, and while it has moved, it is nowhere near out. I had to give up for the day because I couldn't take being bent over anymore and the supplied stainless pin is now trash.

I'm sure the product is great and it isn't Breedt's fault that my pin was so difficult, just be warned that the install may not go as smoothly as you'd like.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Tried to install this today. Spent over two hours hammering on the roll pin, and while it has moved, it is nowhere near out. I had to give up for the day because I couldn't take being bent over anymore and the supplied stainless pin is now trash.

I'm sure the product is great and it isn't Breedt's fault that my pin was so difficult, just be warned that the install may not go as smoothly as you'd like.
Have patience it will eventually come out. Mine took just as long but it was worth it. My back was also killing me at the end.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
If it was just a sore back, I would have pushed through the pain to finish. The pin provided in the kit is garbage now. 2+ hours of pounding destroyed it. There are only so many times you can pound the mushroomed ends of the pin down before you need to come up with a new solution.

I'll try to fix the pin with a grinder tomorrow at work. I can't believe how much force it has required. I'm neither weak, nor new to wrenching. I can't ever remember having such a hard time with an install before.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
If it was just a sore back, I would have pushed through the pain to finish. The pin provided in the kit is garbage now. 2+ hours of pounding destroyed it. There are only so many times you can pound the mushroomed ends of the pin down before you need to come up with a new solution.

I'll try to fix the pin with a grinder tomorrow at work. I can't believe how much force it has required. I'm neither weak, nor new to wrenching. I can't ever remember having such a hard time with an install before.
Did you use a 3lb sledge?? I had mine out in five minutes and the whole install took 30 mins.

41 - 60 of 376 Posts