Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
The colors are just options to see what people are interested in. We got a limited quantity done. If you want a specific color (one that was named), you can specify here and we will ship it to you if it is available. Black or or clear (or whatever is in stock at the time) will most likely be sent out if no color was specified.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Installed today, I have to say its awesome! The shift feel is so much more connected and mechanical, definitely not for the faint of heart. It is louder which is only a bad thing if you don't like to hear your car shift but if you have the windows up or you're getting on it than its a non issue. This is the best feeling shifter I've had, period. I do have the FRPP installed as well which was also a big improvement but this arm helped get rid of what last bit of sloppiness was left from the stock system.

Install was very straight forward and just like installing any of the plates except having to remove the roll pin, which was a pain. It requires some effort with a hammer, I definitely suggest using a decent size ball peen hammer cause its in there good and in the picture you can see that I bent the punch while driving out the old pin. I used a 4lb sledge since that's all I had other than a claw hammer but yeah, a little rough.

Everyone buy this now!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday (one day early!) and I installed it today. Install went well, it does take a bit of banging to get the pin out, but no biggie. I had a heckuva time getting the bottom part of the airbox off......I was ready to drop kittens into a blender at one point......I bent one of the mounting ears a bit, but it went right back into place, so no problemo. I greased the nubs with a bit of dielectric grease, so hopefully the darn thing won't be so stubborn next time.

I went with position #3, 40% reduction, stock shifter position. I really like it, seems to work really well with the JBR heavy shift knob. There is a bit more noise and it's a bit notchy, which I happen to like. Very pleased thus far. :RockOn:

·
Registered
235 Posts
A little off topic but can anyone with an automotive background offer an explanation for Ford using the pin instead of a proper bolt\nut?

I don't see how it could be a cost saving measure and it sure a hell makes maintenance difficult.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Anodizing color options: DSC_0595.JPG
We still have a purple one available in stock.
Let us know which color is the most popular?

·
Registered
674 Posts
so is this better than the other options? Those who have switched was it worth it? I was just about to buy one of the COBB STS's and this thread caught my eye.

What do I do?

Is black not one of the color options?

·
Registered
141 Posts
so is this better than the other options? Those who have switched was it worth it? I was just about to buy one of the COBB STS's and this thread caught my eye.

What do I do?

Is black not one of the color options?
Yes, worth it for sure. Black is an option, if they have any left in stock.

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
A little off topic but can anyone with an automotive background offer an explanation for Ford using the pin instead of a proper bolt\nut?

I don't see how it could be a cost saving measure and it sure a hell makes maintenance difficult.
Technically this piece should never have to be removed unless you are doing transmission repairs, a steel roll pin is definitely cheaper than a bolt and simplifies the assembly process.

Auto builders have been using these since the 20s and are a proven method for an item that doesn't require regular maintenance.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 376 Posts