Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a sneek peek of our soon to be released Quick-Shift arm. I have tried both COBBs adapter and the Mountune arm. I loved the short throws of the COBB unit but always felt heavy to me. The Mountune has a light feel but I didnt think the throws were not short enough. So after some testing we have come up with our version which combines both worlds, short throws and light weight. Incorporates enough weight to make the shifter feel sold but not heavy like stock. There are two sets of pivot points. Points 3 & 4 keep the shifter in a more centered location front to back but reduce throws by 25% and 40%. Points 1 & 2 reduce the throws by the same percentage but moves the shifter location forward about 1" or 25mm, so 2-4-6 are in a better more comfortable position so for short people like me our elbow is not in the seat. All of this combines for very short fast shifts with a crisp click engauging feeling. I have had one on my car for a few weeks now and I love it. Tried going back to stock and could not stand it. Cost will be very competitve some where about half the cost of the Mountune unit. Hope to have units ready to ship early next week. I will get a pre order set up on our website latter today.

Product Store

DSC_0118.JPG

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Looks very nice. Glad to see someone else doing a replacement arm.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I am interested in this arm.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
What color anodizing would you like best? The colors are:
View attachment 21479
Red would be nice!

I am going to have that shifter ball powdercoated black then I am going to fill the shift path a bright red enamel then have the whole thing cleared

BTW, can you confirm my order? name is Ryan

·
Registered
530 Posts
Looks great! Price??

·
Registered
208 Posts
So I currently have a Steeda bracket installed. I like the shorter shift but the effort is increased across the board and there are certain times it really takes some effort for me to get into first gear from neutral. Am I correct in understanding that this will have some effect on reducing the effort required to shift? If so I am very interested in this.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The shift arm is designed to reduce the weight of the stock shift arm, making it feel like you are more connected to the transmission.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Black cause noone will ever see it and I dig the design, sounds like the best all around shift arm setup!

Matt

·
Registered
418 Posts
The bolt is to make it easier and also for a clamping mechanism on the mounting peg.
The parts should be back from the anodizer today, first shipment should be either tonight or Monday morning.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
The bolt is to make it easier and also for a clamping mechanism on the mounting peg.
The parts should be back from the anodizer today, first shipment should be either tonight or Monday morning.
Good stuff man. If I ever see get to see my house again I will shoot a video of the install.

·
Registered
418 Posts
First shipment of parts should ship out tomorrow. We are just waiting for them to get back from the anodizer.
Friday we will have one each of these colors: Red, Blue, Purple, Steel Blue, Clear. They will be first come first serve to order, comment of this post to get them.

1 - 20 of 376 Posts