Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cat shift's perfectly matter fact it hooks like a mfrr 馃槀. I noticed a clunking and creaking noise right out the gate on the reinstall there were a few minor damages made but I didn't think nothing of it. The axle bearing had a slight dent on the outer rim so I came to the conclusion that it was fine. The clutch plate outter had a few scratches but no bent splines or nothing crazy like that. The transmission mount on the other hand the slits for the boot were kinda bad and at that point I came to the conclusion maybe it was the mount. So I ordered a 70a jbr one which will be hear Friday.
The clunking sounds almost like theres contact being made but I inspected it up and down. Hears what I thought was happening but someone on another form told me they come factory like that.

Hears a picture of the mount

The before battery had a really bad terminal leak which is why it is discolored. Hear is a video of another noise that occurs constant but sometimes it's louder than normal sometimes I don't hear it at all and when clutch is engaged it stops.
When I took the axles out I was dumb and mushroomed the head on driver side from beating on it with a hammer like a dumb ass.

Please if any one has a clue on what it could be please let me know. New endlinks were needed has well there white line now and a driver's side Moog ball joint a well

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention when reinstalling rear motor mount the motor had absolutely no swing and pegs on downpipe were pushing in further than usual after finally getting it back on. I had to literally pry the motor to get it in.

Registered
Did you get a lightweight flywheel with your clutch? If so it could be standard chatter with a setup like that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A
Did you get a lightweight flywheel with your clutch? If so it could be standard chatter with a setup like that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Yes I did get a lightweight with the kit the chatter is not my issue though. It's the clunking that bothers me I'm almost certain during reinstall I did the CV axles wrong like there not aligned or something idk my steering wheel is a little cocked to the left and I had no sway prioring to putting the motor mount back on I think I put the CV axles on before I put the motor mount back on

Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
Did you intend to post a video at the bottom of your first post? If so, it didn't come up. I'd like to see it, if so.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok the clunk was the charge pipe again the spacer dropped it down even more. I really can't get a break with that CP-E charge pipe. The hksBOV was pend up against the oil pan poor thing I'll post the video which shows the front CV axle in action and I'll post the charge pipe. I ended up cutting a piece of the radiator bracket off.

Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
1 - 8 of 8 Posts