Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so excited and happy I bought this car. It's something I've been looking forward to for a while now.

I've got an Oxford White 2017 Focus ST and it's such a fun ride. I'm looking for some fun recommendations to maybe start throwing some performance mods in it or even just appearance modifications for fun. I've got the carbon fiber interior accents right now (shift knob, parking brake, etc.). I'm really not familiar with cars and I've wanted to get into it a little bit deeper. I had some fun with my old 2006 Pontiac G6 GT, but she's on her last legs, so I needed some new wheels.

Post what ya got, what ya like, what you wish you'd have stayed away from, or just something cool about your ST.

6iSfkXE.jpg

·
Registered
428 Posts
Some mods I really enjoy are the sound symposer delete and the short throw shift plate. Both take minimal skill to install and make an immediate difference

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
no bolt ons will give you any power increase until you tune it

focus (pun intended) on putting the power you have to the ground, things like a rear motor mount(RMM) will help as well as a front traction bar

do some mild cosmetic mods until warranty is up then go play.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome and nice choice! I've got a 2016 OW ST3 myself :)

Like you, I've got minimal experience/knowledge with cars but am hoping to learn more. I have started mostly with daily driver mods on my car to enhance the ease/comfort of driving this car on a regular basis. Have not really gone into the power/performance mods yet as my car only has 2k miles and obviously has a lot of warranty/life left to go. Figured I'd start off by getting familiar with the way the car drives and find out what I like/don't like about it before I make any major changes to the way it drives/handles.

That being said, one mod that I have done that has changed the feel of the car significantly is a short shift arm. I opted for Breedt, as I preferred to replace the entire arm versus adding another piece to the shifting mechanism. Very happy with the reduction in vagueness of the shifts through this mod, as well as shortening of the throw length. I will eventually take it a little further and add some shifter base/transmission cable bracket bushings to further reduce some of the "slushiness" that is still there.

I also have an accelerator pedal spacer as I feel the gas pedal is far too recessed compared to brake and clutch, which makes it difficult to heel-toe in this car. I went with GarageLine, and while it's a nice piece, I feel it's a bit too tall. For daily driving it's somewhat acceptable, but I'd still prefer a slightly lower profile spacer. If I was to do it over, I'd go with the RS spacer from Your Little CNC Shop (may still do this sometime anyway).

Beyond that, most of my mods have been cosmetic/convenience (new wheels, window visors, tint, auto-dimming/Homelink mirror, debadge, badge overlays). Next up on my list will probably be a catback exhaust as I prefer the look of round tips and I want the car to be a little sportier sounding.

I also want to put the european cup holders in my car, as the stock ones squeeze too tight and aren't that pretty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A resonator delete will give the car a better tone at higher RPM. Its a $60 mod at local muffler Shop. I did it on my 2016 2 days in. Love the sound.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Rear motor mount, short shift plate, shift linkage bushings (these three things are relatively cheap from JBR compared to other brands), Green filter, snorkel, front grill modification so there's no backing to the honeycomb, cat back exhaust, full intake, Cobb accessport v3 with an off the shelf (ots) base map, bigger front mount intercooler, downpipe, wing risers, sound symposer delete, stickier tires, coilovers

I'm also new with a 2017 OW ST2. The only thing I've done so far is take the cover off the stock air box. The list I just wrote are the most popular mods to the car based on what I've seen so far. That list isn't particularly in order, but slightly. Just start browsing through this forum and hang out and get engaged in conversations. You'll learn a lot through the experience of members on here.

Welcome!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I love my OW 18. Ive been doing alot of little mods all posted on my build.

In regards to performance ive only got an RS intake, resonator delete, E20 tune, and a short throw plate. I absolutely love it and haven't broken the bank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts