Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before i changed my brakes they were super responsive to even the slightest touch of the pedal. Now that i have brand new pads it takes a lot more pressure to get them to get the same response. Normally, I wouldn't worry however its quite a significant change so it has me a slight bit concerned.

Anyone have the same issue? or maybe a fix to this?

·
Registered
862 Posts
When you applied the non squeak grease to the back of the pads are you sure that you did not get any on the rotors or the brake pads them selves or damage any of the rubber brake lines, mess with the bleeder valve?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you applied the non squeak grease to the back of the pads are you sure that you did not get any on the rotors or the brake pads them selves or damage any of the rubber brake lines, mess with the bleeder valve?
I just went to to the napa and got the standard replacement. I did bleed the line a little bit on one side, I refilled the reservoir though. The was a minimal amount of brake fluid that dripped from the bleeder and splashed up onto the rotors when I accidentally stepped on my oil pan trying to stand up. You think this could be the issue? If so, how could i fix it.

·
Administrator
11,871 Posts
I just went to to the napa and got the standard replacement. I did bleed the line a little bit on one side, I refilled the reservoir though. The was a minimal amount of brake fluid that dripped from the bleeder and splashed up onto the rotors when I accidentally stepped on my oil pan trying to stand up. You think this could be the issue? If so, how could i fix it.
Well the OEM pads are super grabby while cold, which is why most people go aftermarket, to get rid of that horrible "parking lot grab"

If you got fluid on the rotor, you should have immediately hosed it off with brake cleaner. If it got on the pads, then you contaminated them, should have hosed them off with brake cleaner as well. Doesn't sound like you got them soaked or anything.

Im putting my money on the different pad material behaving different. It's not inferior, just different.

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Brake cleaner will get the fluid off. Give it a couple more days. They'll seat

·
Registered
768 Posts
Change all the fluid. Completely purge the system. Not just bleed and top off. Also, if you didn't turn or replace the rotors, now you have new, flat pads on rotors that have peaks and grooves. In other words, 100% of the pad surface is not riding against 100% of the disc surface. Reduced braking performance/capability.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts