Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here looking for intel from the experienced owners. Purchased a '17 ST, base model, last week and am getting winter wheel/tire package info together. Is the rotor/caliper setup on the 2016 and 2017 the same? Looking at mounting 17" combo in place of the 18"s and may be able to pick up a set used on a '16 ST.

Have a feeling I'm going to get into trouble with this car, glad I know most of the local LEOs so when they see me hooning around our roundabouts they may cut me some slack. Haven't had this much fun on four wheels since the real mini cooper.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
If you have a 17" spare then 17" will be your wheel of choice.

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the information folks. Right now the car is on the 18" wheels with the F1 tires; the replacement set being offered is on 17"s with a ice/snow tire. My assumption was they would work but wanted some back up before making a purchase.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In the owners manual(Yes I read it and learned a ton) it states to use a certain size wheel and tire for winter. It then goes on to tell you why... I know, it's crazy that anyone would actually read the owners manual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fear not DTNY8, I too have read the owners manual and the wheel/tire combo is one of those spec'd out as applicable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did the deal on the craig's list tire/wheel combo over the weekend. Things look damn near brand new aside from a scuff on one wheel. Previous owner advises ride is better than the F1s and give good grip on snow and ice, will have to see that for myself. Had one morning with fair amount of frost and the F1s felt a little lumpy so the changeover is probably imminent.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
how much $$$ did they cost?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Set up was $450, previous owner got them thru Tire Rack. I had priced out equivalent wheel/tire, mounted, balanced with pressure sensors, delivered etc for about $1100 from them. Local shop wanted $1600(!!!) for about the same thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts