Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m having this issue where my brake engagement point changes. It doesn’t seem to happen consistently. At random I will have to push the pedal almost to the floor. The car still stops fine once I press down harder, but it makes my heart skip a beat every time it happens. As soon as I use the breaks again, they’re back to normal. It feels like when you change your brake pads - that first push where you have to pump up the pedal. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I'd bleed the system, you may have air in it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey guys, I’m having this issue where my brake engagement point changes. It doesn’t seem to happen consistently. At random I will have to push the pedal almost to the floor. The car still stops fine once I press down harder, but it makes my heart skip a beat every time it happens. As soon as I use the breaks again, they’re back to normal. It feels like when you change your brake pads - that first push where you have to pump up the pedal. Any ideas?
Can be a symptom of impending failure of the master cylinder.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Little update - first thing I checked was vacuum lines because I installed a cpe exhale kit a few months back. It looked like the way I had the stock vacuum line plugged could have been leaking, so I unplugged the line and put a vacuum cap on the solenoid on top of the engine. So far, so good. Thanks for all the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts