Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at all the pictures in advertising of the ST with brake caliper covers, I was disappointed to find out that they don't actually come on the car. I'm not aware of such modifications (if they exist). I do not want to change the brakes completely, after all they're good brakes.

Ford_Focus_ST_2012_06_1280x800.jpg

I hope this picture posted it just looks like a bunch of computer text. If it did post then you can see that this clearly has caliper covers. In my opinion it adds a nice more aggressive look to the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just thought, that since the ones in the pictures stood out so much, that maybe the pictures where "enhanced".
Wouldn't covers restrict air flow (cooling) to the calipers?
Nice bling for the posers, though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
They sell caliper paint at auto parts stores. High temp enamel spray. You could also use a self leveling brush on kit like g2. It is up to you and the finished product really depends on how well you prep your surface.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dupli-Color has a Caliper Paint Kit. Comes with a cleaner and paint. I would recommend taking the calipers and mounting brackets off of the car to paint them.

·
Super Moderator
9,809 Posts
Bought the Dupli Color kit last week end, but it was too cold here to paint. Says to paint between 55 and 85 degrees. We had a cold front last weekend and actually got frost!

·
Registered
915 Posts
i really wanna do the wheels black but havent seen any green caliper paint.. anyone know where to find that? i gotta have green in the scheme somewhere i think black and green go sooo well together!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Bought the Dupli Color kit last week end, but it was too cold here to paint. Says to paint between 55 and 85 degrees. We had a cold front last weekend and actually got frost!
how long have you lived in ks? frost can show up at any time!! lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
There not covers. There are a german company called ATE the make highperformance calipers

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I wish they'd just offered the option to have them factory painted red like they do in Europe. I would have bought that option. Now I'll have to wait until spring next year to paint them... no covers for me, too fake for my taste.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts